filler chap.

Sebastian had become angry with me, his eyes glowed with blazing fire. "No, Kuran, Ciel belongs to me."

Being the stubborn girl I was, I rolled my eyes. "Oh Sebastian," I cooed. "You know nothing about children but I do, I'm his mother now. He belongs to me as from here on I will care for him. You're just his demon butler."

With that I had turned and left the kitchen, my heels clacking against the floors. I made my way to Ciel's study, keeping my anger bottled up. I knew Ciel was just another meal to that demon and it angered me to know Sebastian did not care for the boy one bit. If he wasn't under a contract with Ciel, Sebastian would not care if the boy got killed. He'd probably be happy to devour such a soul.

Shaking my head from my thoughts, I sighed as I gently knocked on the door to the boy's study before entering. I smiled softly at the working boy behind the large desk, his small hand furiously signing each paper. I sat in the velvet chair across from him, tilting my head. "Ciel, honey, you need to take a break. Remember, you are just a child, you're overworking yourself. You're too young to be this exhausted, let's take a nap."

The boy looked up at me, his eyes holding annoyance towards me. "I have a business to run, I have no time for childish things. I am the head of the Phantomhive name and I have to carry on what my father started. Kaja, leave. You're disturbing me!"

I narrowed my eyes, standing up and placing my hands on hips. "You will NOT speak to me like that, Ciel. Now as your mother, I'm telling you to put that pen down along with those papers and stand. We're going to your room where we'll nap."

The boy froze, his sapphire eye looking up at me widely. He nodded slowly before setting his pen down along with the documents, pushing himself up from the too large chair. His small body made it's way around the desk before coming to my side; his pale, slender hand grasping mine.

I nodded and leaned down, kissing the top of his head as I squeezed his hand. I led us out from the study, making our way down the long hallway to his bedroom. Truth be told, I was a bit horrified of taking on a role of a mother at such a young age. Yes, I had been a "mother" to abominations when I was alive as a Pureblood but here now, I am seventeen and considered a human.

"I'm going to set a time when and how long you'll work-" I was cut off by sputtering and an angry child.

"I have things to do Kaja! I have to get everything done by a due-date!"

I smiled and shook my head. "Nope, sorry Ciel but I'm setting a certain time for you. I'll talk to Sebastian and make sure he sticks to that schedule as well. Come along my son, Ill call for the man so he can dress you for bed."

"Bed?! I thought I was taking a nap," Ciel whined.

I chuckled as I opened the door to his room, motioning him inside as I whistled out, yelling for the demon butler. "Well, shouldn't you be comfortable in a nightshirt instead of a suit? I'm going to change as well."

Suddenly the demon appeared at my side, his face black and emotionless but I knew he was annoyed. "Yes, my Lady?"

I grinned. "Please dress Ciel for bed, Sebastian. Him and I are going to have a nap together, while you're dressing him, I'll be in my room changing as well." I nodded and made my way towards my own room which was thankfully in the same hallway. This manor was huge and it took forever trying to make it from one place to the next.

In my bedroom, I immediately set to undressing from the short, black dress to my pale link nightgown. I kept my hair down along with my signature knot from the side of my head. Sitting on my bed, I sighed and clasped my hands together. No matter how much I loved Sebastian, his demon nature would always be over his love for me.

Rolling my head and shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I stood and slipped my feet into my pink slippers before exiting my room to walk into the hallway. I shut the door behind me, gripping the doorknob tightly then letting my hand fall to my side.

How am I going to get home? I thought, frowning. I can't stay here forever...

I'm meant to be in the twenty-first century, I'm meant to be an isolated child to loving parents and a best friend who's been guarding me my whole life. I have a life to go back to, I have a family to see. No matter how much I've missed Sebastian and how much I've come to love Ciel, I have to get back home.

I'd have to see Adrian once again...but not now. No, I'd wait after seeing Kaname and unlocking my nature. I'd spend more time with everyone.

I walked towards Ciel's bedroom, humming softly under my breath to rid my head of my sad thoughts. I planted a smile on my face when the boy's door came into my view after a quick walk, knocking softly. "May I come in?"

After a quiet affirmative through the thick door, I slowly opened and stepped inside. I smiled at the sigh of Ciel's thin body dressed in a large, white nightshirt. He looked adorable sitting up in the bed that was too large for him. "My," I cooed. "You are just so adorable!"

My squealing had caused the boy to blush then scowl.

"I'm not adorable!"

Sebastian snickered into his white glove, quickly shutting up at the glare Ciel casted his way. "Sorry Master. If you excuse me, I'll be taking my leave."

I walked to the bed, shaking my slippers off my feet before climbing into the bed that was even too tall for my short height. Even being seventeen, I was still considered short but here I was taller than Ciel.

I wrapped my arms around the boy's small body once I laid down, pulling him closer to my side and pressing a kiss to the top of his head. "Stay, Sebastian," I whispered, looking up at the tall demon with my lilac-grey eyes. "Please."

The demon stopped his movements towards the door, looking back at us. "Young master?"

I looked down at Ciel who nodded with a sigh. "Fine, come Sebastian."

I grinned and nodded my head to the side of the bed unoccupied next to Ciel's side, wanting the small boy to be in the middle of us. I hummed and gently ran my fingers through the boy's midnight blue hair, my hand catching on the black thread of his eyepatch. Clucking my tongue against the roof of my mouth, I untied the threads and gently leaned over to place the black eyepatch on the table next to the bed.

When I felt the bed shift with added weight, I looked up to find Sebastian hesitantly laying on the bed. I smiled and leaned over to pat my hand against his chest. "I know this may be odd for you both but for me, it's normal. In my time, children need naps to regain strength and usually they take a nap with their parent or guardian," I hummed. "You both are just master and butler. Prey and demon. You're not even supposed to have direct contact but who gives a fuck? While I'm here, we're all one big family!"

I laughed and squeezed Ciel affectionately, sneakily grabbing Sebastian's hand in mine. "Alright, now just relax and close your eyes."

"But-"

"Shut up Sebastian and close your damn eyes." I huffed, giving the man a glare.

The demon muttered under his breath causing the small boy between us to snort.

"You too Ciel, close your eyes!"