Delusional g u e s t

With a groan, I tossed and turned as I sweat heavily, nightmares plaguing my dreams.
Was I really dreaming or was I reliving distant memories? For whatever reason, these...nightmares seemed liked I had been there but alas, I know I was not. I was born in 1997, to two immigrants from Spain, I knew nothing of my parents family growing up. I was kept in the dark,
"For protection," my father would say.
And my mother would add,
"They cannot find you, Kaja, you are safe here."

I was awoken to a soft voice informing me that it was time to wake up and a bright light make me snap my eyes open with a small hiss of protest. "W-What?"

"Good morning, miss," the man from last night smiled and bowed as he finished tying the deep purple curtains up to let in the natural light. "My master would like to speak to you. I had to inform him of your condition last night. We were not expecting visitors but he would like to see you."

I stared up at the man with an expressionless face, nodding my head as I followed along to his words. "Alright," I finally spoke after finding my voice. My throat still ached. "I-Is there any clothes for me to wear? I know my clothes from last night were torn but i do not remember anything else."

"Of course," he nodded as he walked towards a large wardrobe, opening the twin doors to reveal dresses of different shades. Only one caught my eye. "That one," I whispered as I pointed, now sitting up against the large fluffy pillows.

"This one, miss?"

"Yes, that one. Please."

The butler nodded and carefully laid out the dress on the foot of the bed. I studied the fabrics with awe, this was truly a beautiful dress. Instantly I could tell I was not in the twenty-first century.

"Sir?"

"Please miss, call me Sebastian and yes?"

"Sebastian...alright. May I ask what day it is?"

Sebastian nodded with a half smile and closed eyes. "It's the fourth of May, my lady."

"And the year?"

"1887."

I inhaled sharply, nodding slowly. "Alright, thank you Sebastian. It seems I am missing some memory of how I got here but I will manage. Anyways, I need to dress now."

The man nodded and smiled once more before leaving after I assured him I could dress myself.

After a few minutes, I managed to slip my body into the gorgeous dress. The corset I skipped altogether, I tried but I had to quit, it was too restricting on my ribs. I couldn't handle the pain. With a small sigh, I had opened the door and stepped out into the long hallway. "Sebastian?" I called softly. "I am ready now. Please, take me to your master. I would like to thank him."

The butler dressed in black smiled and nodded, offering his arm to which I looped mine through his own. "My lady, you look lovely in that dress. It suits your skin well."

"Thank you," I blushed with a laugh. "I appreciate your compliment, sir."

Sebastian led me towards his master's study, him keeping a light conversation with me to fill the awkward silence I had created.
Soon we had arrived in front of a large mahogany door, Sebastian knocking firmly, "My lord, the lady has awakened and is here."

A child's voice rang out,

"Enter."

I slowly opened the door and stepped inside to what seemed to be a study is sorts. As I looked around the room, I noticed large bookcases lining the room's walls before my eyes landed on the desk in front of the Windows, a young boy sitting in a large chair behind it.

I smiled hesitantly, "Hello sir," I greeted. "I would like to th-"

"Phantomhive. Ciel Phantomhive, and you are miss?"

I frowned as I had been cut off by the child. "My name is Kaja, Ciel."

The boy nodded and gestured to the seat in front of the desk. I nodded and sat, intertwining my hands together and placing them in my lap after smoothing the dress out.

"Sebastian told me you were quite bruised and bloody last night. Care to tell me what happened before you came here?"

"Well," I whispered as I bit my bottom lip. "I do not remember much. This may sound absurd but I'm not from this time. I live in the twenty-first century; 2016 to be exact. I can tell by your accent that this is England, correct? I'm from America."

The boy pursed his lips as he hummed quietly, calling his butler inside the room.

"Sebastian, this woman says she's from the future. Please escort her to room and bring her lunch, she's talking nonsense."

My jaw dropped, has this child not understand a word I had said? I frowned, clenching my hands into fists. It's not like I wanted to be here, I missed my parents deeply.

Sebastian bowed, crossing his hand against his chest. "Yes, my Lord."