He cleared his throat, "Anyways, since she isn't back with the groceries, we are gonna have to make do with what we have. How do you feel about panca-"

He was interrupted by his phone ringing,

Before he answered, I saw it was mom calling, and smiled.

"hey honey, what's taking you so lo-" he was interrupted

   "w-what?" he whispered.

I couldn't hear what they were saying, but dad's face lost it's colour, and his eyes glittered with tears.

And somehow I knew, I didn't need to hear it, I just knew.

Dad and I rushed to out, leaving everything behind,

When we got to the hospital my heart was thumping so loud, it hurt my chest. Dad didn't tell me anything, just pulled me along out of the house.

  He spoke to a nurse and then pulled me along the corridor.

We were heading to a room filled with people in blue gloves and clothes, they were all rushing and talking, but I couldn't hear them over the loud whistle like sound I assumed was coming out of the machine in the room.

  "No! no no no no! No!" I heard dad say as he broke into a race, not caring that my feet no longer hit the floor.

He tried to push passed the people in blue, crying and screaming "No"

  One blocked our path saying "I'm so sorry sir, she fought as long as she could"

Dad pushed pass him, letting go of my hand as he ran to the person on the bed crying.

  My heart was threatening to burst, as the lump in my throat grew, I took some steps back, refused to believe it.

My eyes were clouded with tear, but I didn't let it drop, after all, mom is fine, why would I cry?

I peeped passed them believing the person on the bed a stranger.

That was when I saw her— bloody red, lifeless.

  The lump in my throat grew three times it's size, cutting off my air supply, choking me, I gripped my throat, trying to breathe but all that came out were sounds of someone choking.

Dad was so caught up in his tears he didn't notice me, my eyes poured out tears but I still couldn't breathe, and in an instant everything stopped, but then started moving in slow motion.

I could see everything at once, but not a sound was heard, silence surrounded me,

My gaze centered back on mom as every other thing around me darkened, slowly getting covered by droplets of black ink. I could feel myself falling, but I didn't stop it, I couldn't, all my attention was on mom.

when I hit the floor I didn't feel it.
All I saw now was her dangling hand, but that was soon covered by dad's legs running towards me.

He knelt and cupped my face, I could tell he was screaming my name, but I couldn't hear a thing.

I stared into his red eyes as he cried in slow motion, and soon the black ink completely covered my vision, and I was left in complete darkness.

******

When they discharged me from the hospital, I didn't want to leave, I didn't want to go home and not see mom, I cried for days which turned weeks, and then to months, I lived purely on chocolate and ice cream all through, They helped cool my nerves, and sweetened my day.

After two months locked up in the house, I decided it was time to catch up with the outside world,

so I left the house for the first time and went for a walk in the park to help me relax.

Worst and best mistake of my life.

They say teenagers are mean, but these ones are evil

Devil spawns, brought up and trained by the him,

I tell no lie when I say, they were demons

when I got to the park, I saw Andrew with his friends,

Normally, I would run away after what happened that day, but I thought since I just lost my mother, they would take pity on me and just leave me alone or at least play with me to console me,

I was wrong.

"oh my Gosh, fat Amy got fatter, now she's the size of a mother elephant pregnant with twins" my old 'crush' said and his friends laughed pointing at me,

If I say I was shocked that would be an under-under statement,

It felt like I died standing there, I didn't even know when I started crying, no, not crying, weeping, no that's not the right word... wailing?

  Yes wailing, I didn't know when I started wailing,

I ran back home, missing my mom more than ever,

Dad wasn't home so I sat in the corner of my room and wailed there for hours, until I was sure my tears tank was completely empty and drained,

I felt helpless, useless, I felt lonely.

I laid on my side and hugged myself, trying to invite my sweet dreams.

Suddenly, I remembered the goofy song mom sang the morning before she- she left.  How it lacked rhythm, rhyme, tune and all things necessary in a song, but most importantly, I remembered the words.

There and then I decided I would change.

I will be happy with myself, I will stop crying and stand strong .

I also realised that love was fake and meaningless. A misinterpretation of the truth, nothing but a fake meaningless lie from movies. And having a crush or liking someone will only bring problems.

With that in mind I spent almost a year working on myself and lost some weight, and became a better me.

My dad and I moved later that year and soon we were happy again.

*******

I was jogging one morning and  Suddenly I was sucked out of reality, everything turned pitch black and I felt myself falling at high speed, I tried to scream but my mouth wouldn't move.

What is happening!!

**************

Well?  how was it?, hope u all enjoyed it,

I will like to say this is my first time writing a book so please forgive me if there are any mistakes or typing errors,

I don't know how updating works but I'll try my best to post constantly, there may be times when I may not update quickly, Please bear with me.

If you liked it please 👉 vote
If you loved it please 👉 share
If you enjoyed it please 👉comment
It always puts a smile on my face when I get a notification

Thanks, Bye👋