nine - the end

i listened to the cover of If I Die Young by Sam Tsui and it broke my heart so if you feel like crying, put it on

i love you xx

______________

Ashton ran his hands through his husbands hair, bitting his lips to hold back his tears. Luke was laying in the hospital bed with tubes connected to him. He came here a few days ago and was currently on life support, but that ended today since Luke agreed. In the moment he saw the doctor and the nurse enter the room he knew all of it would be over.

The doctor looked at him and nodded, putting his hand on the first button. He started crying when Luke was shutting his eyes slowly.

"It's okay Lukey." Ashton said "Let go, I love you. I'll be here like I promised."

"I-I'm sorry." Luke said, getting sleep but still staring into Ashton's eyes.

"It's okay Lukey, don't worry baby I've got you. I love you, forever."

"I love you Ash."

And those were his last words before his heart stopped.

____________

Ashton died a week later with a broken heart. The sadness and stress led to the arteries to wear and tear apart over time, which led to a heart failure. The funerals were held on the same day, everyone from town went along with all the boy's families. Ashton was found by his sister and didn't make the hospital, they found a letter he wrote to Luke the day before he died and buried it with him.

Dear Luke,

I can't believe you are gone. You spent so much time fighting this and it was for nothing. I feel like I'm falling apart every day and don't know how to deal. My heart is broken and even though it's only been 6 days but I think I can't do it anymore. I need to find help before it gets worse.

It hurts so much to live in a world without you but I have to try, I have to be strong because I know that you are watching me wherever you are. I know that you don't want to see me falling apart, you want to see me smiling and happy but it's being so hard - I don't know what to do. I promised I would try and move on, that I would be happy but it's being so hard.

I love you Lukey, forever and ever

see you sometime xx

-Ash

The lovers were buried together, being together on earth and the after-life.

THE END.