zero-appointment

"Mr.Hemmings I'm afraid there is no good news." doctor Mendes said with a frown on her face.

Luke's heart dropped at those words. He used to have cancer but it went away, a few days ago he started feeling sick and in pain but it went away so he marked an appointment (being forced by his husband, Ashton). He marked an appointment for a CAT scan and went with his mother but didn't know the results right away. There was a lump on his throat and he hoped he didn't hear the words he never wanted to hear ever again.

"W-What is going on?" Luke asked, already shaking.

The doctor turned the computer to Luke where he could see his body in the CAT scan - everything was illuminated, it looked like a disco ball.

Luke ran his hands through his face in frustration, sighing as the tears fell from his face. He tried to avoid crying but it was impossible.

"Is-is there any way we can make it go away?" He asked.

"We could try chemotherapy but... I don't want to get your hopes up." she said and Luke nodded.

"How-How much do I have left?"

The doctor sighed "Eight weeks, the minimum."

"Can I- can I go? M-My husband is waiting for me."

The doctor nodded "Okay, let's mark an appointment for next week?"

Luke nodded and walked out of the room. He walked to the halls with a frown and an empty look on his face. He needed to find a way to tell Ashton and everyone, but especially Ashton (they have been dating for twelve years, being married for five). His worst nightmare is haunting him but this time it has come to life - it's real, he can't espace from it.

He opened the door that divided the hall from the waiting room and stepped out. Luke saw Ashton playing on the phone, the hazel-eyed boy looked up with a smile and got up. It soon turned to a frown as he slowly approached Luke, noticing he had been crying.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked and Luke only started to cry more, holding him "No, please don't tell me-"

Luke only nodded and cried as Ashton held him tighter "I only have eight weeks minimum, Ash."

The hazel-eyed man cried and held his husband tight, not believing in anything that was happening. IT was impossible, the doctor said the chancer for it to come back were very small and the couple didn't believe it would come back. They didn't deserve this, Luke especially.

Ashton pulled away from the hug and kissed him deeply, caressing his cheek.

"I love you, Lukey." Ashton said.

"I love you too." Luke said in a weak voice.

Ashton looked his husband inthe eyes and cleaned his tears "I'm going to make sure you live everyday, so in the end you can say it was worth it."

_________________

this fanfic is going to wreck me shit

i decided to start this now, updates will be Wednesday and Friday and the story will have 9 chapters

xx

-ana rita (moony)