Oh That's Right. You're Merely A Human.

Chapter 10- Oh That's Right. You're Merely A Human.

Third Person P.O.V.

1911

"To ten years." Klaus said with a smile, glancing at Juliet who sat next to him.

Rebekah and Elijah watched from across the bar. It felt wrong to call Juliet and Klaus a couple, yet they weren't that far off. They argued like a married couple, defended each other when needed, shared all their secrets, and went at it like rabbits. Yet... Their relationship never spoke the three words.

"What do you think she's hiding?" Rebekah asked, curiosity lining her voice. Her search was futile on Juliet. Dead ends at every turn. She had no family, no one knew she existed until she got involved with Klaus. Rebekah knew she was an older vampire. In many of her and Klaus's fights, she was able to fight him even with him being an Original vampire.

Elijah shrugged. "I do not think that's the question we should be asking." Elijah turned and poured himself another glass. "I do believe we should be thanking her." He finished.

Rebekah glared at him. "And why's that exactly?" She asked. It had been like this for months. Elijah had no problem with Juliet, yet the woman held more secrets than the government.

Elijah smiled at his sister. "After all the things you have done, all the things Klaus knows you've done whether it would be hunting after this wild goose chase or threatening Juliet, has he threatened to dagger you? Hurt you in any way?" He asked. His eyes bore into her. Rebekah looked away, back at the couple who were smiling and laughing. Elijah leaned down to her ear and whispered. "Maybe she is good for him." He told her and walked to them.

Rebekah stood, not moving her gaze from the woman who could possibly hold favor over her brother's cold, dead heart. She knew not of the struggles Juliet had faced or the demon card she had been dealt, but she was almost certain the young woman's demons were helping her brother's in that moment. Elijah's worlds rang in Rebekah's ears and her mother's words followed it. "Never let your guard down, but don't question it too much." Maybe in time she could trust Juliet.

2013

Six o'clock on the dot, Juliet walked through the gate of the compound to see Marcel, waiting with that ever present smile she wanted to beat off.

"Hello." She said with fake enthusiasm and a smile.

Marcel smiled and nodded at her. "You ready?" He asked, gesturing back the way she had come. She nodded

They arrived quickly all the while Marcel thought of the woman walking beside her. She wasn't like other women and anyone could see that. She quickly walked with him to the Church where Father Kieran stood at the altar.

Juliet looked around the room as they walked in. Marcel didn't lie when he said the chief of police, the mayor, some towns people, and themselves were going to be there.

"Marcel." A balding man in his late forties nodded at him. "Who's this?" He asked. It was tempting to punch the man out for looking at Juliet. She saw what he was looking at, and it wasn't her face. Marcel took notice to this and stepped slightly in front of her warding the older man off.

After they had a slight glare off and the vampire winning, Marcel then glanced around the room, introducing the black haired beauty before them.

"This is Juliet. She's new to the French Quarter." There was a layer of warning and Juliet could sense that Marcel had just made the humans slightly uncomfortable. They nodded in her direction and she did nothing but simply look at each of them.