Chapter Twenty Seven

I craddled Blue in my hands as I walked toward the awaiting vehicle that pulled up besides my jet as we touched down in Seattle. Project Seattle was about to begin breaking ground in the next month as of December.

Le Palais Beyoncé, in honor of my future wife was doing major record breaking in Los Angeles. With constantly booked out award shows, weddings, proms, baby showers, meetings and conferences; we've never seen a slow day yet and that was my goal for Seattle.

Handing over the monthly cheques to my pilots, I strapped Blue inside the car, hopped in the front seat and drove to the Edgewater Hotel. I had no intention of staying in Seattle for too long but since it was the weekend, I agreed to a mini-vacation with Blue and I.

I drove down the misty wet streets of Seattle admiring the well kept building and beautiful landscape. I guess with all the rain and wet ground, I expected the buildings to have already lost paint. However everything was in perfect order. Pulling up to the hotel, I quickly gathered my room keys and placed Blue in bed. I did a quick freshing up, before leaving Blue alone with her baby sitter.

I quickly closed the hotel door and headed downstairs. It was already after 12 and my meeting with the contracter and the architect was schedule for twelve. As decent and fast as possible, I tried to dash through the lobby.

"Mr. Carter?" I heard from behind me as I headed for the door. Tilting my head the petit brown skinned girl was running towards me in her heels.

"Yes." I asked as she came bouncing towards me with her chest and legs on full display.

"Um, this came for you. Someone dropped this off for." She said handing me the yellow envelope and smiling in my face. "If you would like me too, I can bring it up to your room after my shift is done." She smirked.

"No, I'll take this with me." I said collecting the envelope and heading to my car. "This is why I need my own hotel." I mumbled to myself.

After a few minutes drive and apologizing for my tardiness, I took my seat at the round table in the office space I rented out.

"So, I have seen all the designs for the upcoming project. I would like to say everything was beautiful. Well done team." I said leading everyone into applause. "Nevertheless, we narrowed it down to two persons. That was Mr. Towers and Mr. Parker. Due to personal and professional issues, Mr. Towers was terminated. So Mr. Parker recieved the job and delievered an amazing plan."

"Thank You Sir." Mr. Parker stood.

"Mr. Parker and his wife are here in Seattle. Mr. Parker and his brother Ryan are also constructors and I was thinking that it would be a better idea to just keep this in Seattle. It would create more jobs for persons here and two of the best resorts and some of the best modern homes here were works from their hands."

"I agree." Johnavan voiced. "I really love their modern and elegant touch. I think if we can come up with a signature style like "Atlantis" has then we can really do this."

"Agreed. Which is why all the hotels are being reconstructed. All the buildings will be painted royal blue and off white. Just like the hotel in LA, we will remodel the others to mirror that." I explained. "Mr. Parker, you can now have the floor."

"Thank You Mr. Carter. Its an honor and everyone can call me Kirkland. This is my wife Taj, she is an educator and real estate designer." He began. "Um the plan is pretty straight forward, we believe in elegance and modernizing as much as possible. We try to see what will be the next big thing so that buildings won't have to be rennovated until 2 decades later."

After a 2 hours discussion and questions and answers period, the meeting was finally ajourned. Reviewing the plans over and the expected budget, I was completely satisfied.