17.

Sharai POV

Monday came back around and I didn't want to go to school at all. This morning I woke up, got dressed, and headed straight out the door. My walk to school was peaceful, thank god.

Even though I had Ramir once again on my side, things still didn't feel right, nor did they feel the same.

I was at my locker just standing there, leaning inside of it. I was on my phone scrolling down Instagram while eating a lollipop that I got from the front office. Everyone in the hallways was either talking or heading to there homeroom class. I didn't see anyone that I knew around..well except for Jasmine who kept staring at me. She was standing with her friends when I made it to my locker, and when she saw me she just kept looking. But other than her I didn't see anyone.

"Ms. Jenkins?" I jumped after hearing a voice behind me.

Dropping my phone down in my locker, I turned around while taking the lollipop out of my mouth. "O-oh, yes Mrs. Sanford?" I replied to the assistant principal then began to continue eat my lollipop.

She grabbed my hand and took the lollipop away, "why aren't you trying to get to class? The hallways are almost empty." she asked.

"Oh I'm on my way now I guess." I replied as I turned around and closed my locker.

Before I walked off I looked and gave her a smile. I then took my candy from her, and continued to enjoy it. I heard her start to say something but she stopped and soon I heard her footsteps walking away. Great.

The tardy bell rung and I rolled my eyes. What area in this school could I use to skip for my first time? Yes, I was skipping. I just wasn't ready for the stares, or the drama. Ramir apologized and promised that he wouldn't turn on me again, but even though I forgave him and believed his promises, I still think I deserve time to myself to get used to him and them again. The time for that probably isn't supposed to be at school, but hey...this is one of the main times that I see all of them all at once.

I turned to the restroom and walked in. After realizing that I left my phone in my locker, I just sighed and decided to deal with sitting in here bored. I wonder if anyone is wondering where I am? Or if they even care?

Minutes passed by, and I was bored. I had been finished my lollipop, so I was also hungry. Especially with that lollipop being the only thing that I had eaten this morning.

Walking out of the restroom, I looked through my pockets to see if I had any money on me. Of course, I found some. Being that I didn't use my money to help around the house, or help my momma anymore, I had plenty of more money that I could just use for myself. All those times I spent helping her, I never got the chance to even save up college money or even just save money. Good thing I wad only a Junior though, because if I wasn't I wouldn't have the rest of this year, this summer, and all next year to make even more money.

Yeah, maybe I could get a scholarship to a college. But what can I do to make me get one? I'm not talented in nothing I don't think, I don't make straight A's all the time, and I don't participate in things. I guess that's my fault though, right?

"Ms. Jenkins, once again I see you not in class." Nobody other than Mrs. Sanford's voice echoed behind me.

I stopped walking and mumbled a quick 'damn' under my breath. I then turned around and smiled in her face. "I was just getting to class, Mrs. Sanford. I was allowed to go to the restroom." I said.

She didn't reply for a second, instead she gave me a certain look. "Okay, but next time I see you off task you'll have to face consequences." she finally spoke.