12.

Sharai POV

Yesterday at work was simple. Erica and Emily made my day and made me feel so much better than I did at school, but the best part was the good news that I had heard. Mrs. Jefferson said she would give me a raise, she felt like I deserved it even after missing one day of work.

I walked out of my house door, heading to school. Today I wasn't going to have Averi force me into getting a ride to school with her and Javion. Even though me and Ramir are on good terms now, I still don't feel that regular vibe from anyone, anymore. Everything is so weird now because everyone knows what happened.

On my way to school I just stuck my earphones in and turned on Jhene Aiko Promise. Its like when I listen to music im the most relaxed, but im pretty sure music relaxes everyone at some point. I mean, music relaxed me, and I needed that relaxation so very much. But I need more than music for relaxation, I just dont know what it is else that I need. Maybe comfort or even understanding

When I was half way there I stopped at a gas station that was nearby the school to get me something to snack on. I walked in the gas station and got me a blue Powerade and a small bag of chips.

I walked in, and after getting my chips and soda, I went to the cashier.

After paying I left out the store.

When I reached the school I walked in and went straight to class. I saw Ramir sitting there talking with Darion, So after the bell rung, I waited outside of the door for him.

"Hey, Ramir." I approached him as he walked out the classroom.

"Oh, hey." He said stopping.

It still wasn't the same talking to him, it wasn't the same being at school period. But, I guess I'll have to learn to deal with it for now on, because it doesn't look like anything will be changing anytime soon.

"Wanna come down to the cafeteria with me to grab something to eat from the vending machines? I'm kinda hungry." I asked.

I didn't have breakfast, so I really was hungry. All I had was the bag if chips I brought and the drink. The bell had just rung, and I knew I had time to go get a bar or something, so I decided to ask Ramir if he wanted to go with me. You know, just to make things seem regular, like nothing weird ever happened.

"Fine by me." he replied.

I looked over and saw Ciara turn around from laughing with Jasmine. She looked over to me and Ramir and walked over with Jasmine.

"C'mon Ramir." Ciara said.

Ramir looked at me but I shrugged, "I ain't that hungry, I'ma just go next period or just wait for lunch."

"Okay."

"Yeah, do that." Jasmine said.

I rolled my eyes and looked at her, "where ya' tenth grade friends at?" I asked.

She mugged me and then turned to walk away with Ramir and Ciara.

I walked off to class annoyed. She don't want none. I had no problems with her, she was cool. Now, I think different of her.

Right when I walked in the classroom  the bell rung. I ignored it and took my seat. Daniel sat starring at me while I just watched as our teacher got his things straightened up on his desk. I had nothing else to do but wait until he gave us instructions for today, but I was getting irritated by Daniel's starring.

"What? Why are you starring at me so much?" I asked looking st him annoyed.

"You grew balls yesterday." he chuckled.