13.

Averi POV

I sat on the couch of Javion's friends second house. I was waiting quietly, and patiently, for him to finish his meeting. We had just got here after school, and I was really hungry. Since it was now Friday I could finally relax and go shopping.

I heard a knock on the wall, so I turned and saw that it was Javion, "huh?" I asked.

"You need to be in here too, come on, they have some words for you." He said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Okay."

I got up from the couch and made my way over to the door where Javion waited for me at. After me walking in, he closed the door behind me and walked to my side. I looked around the room where everyone else was at. A girl named Tiara, sat in a chair next to Javions friend, who held the meeting with us all.

"Yes, sir?" I said taking a seat.

"Well, first I wanna say that you doing a good job. You the new girl and you don't got the hang of everything but you doing good." He said. He looked at everyone and nodded.

I looked around and saw them all leave the romm which made me grow nervous.

"Now, I have more things for you to do." he said as he rapped his hands together.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well you see, you already done did the jobs that you were supposed to do. You went with Ricky to go and get my shit from Niko and you went downtown for a day with Kiesh and Javion to finish what I had planned for them to go get my money and weed that them downtown boys had stole. But now, I got something bigger for you to do." he replied.

"And that is?" I asked with a neck roll.

"Stop with that attitude." he said looking at me sternly.

"Yes sir.." I replied wanting to roll my eyes so bad, "but come on, you're making me more and more nervous."

"You cant be nervous to do this job ma." he replied which made me wonder what this was.

"O-okay.." I replied.

He leaned back in his chair and rapped his hands together, then began to speak. "So there's this club downtown, once again. But it's more than just a club, it's ran by one of the most known drug dealers in Detroit--Trevon, or known as Smiley. Six months ago, him and his boys decided to come and punk me and my boys for all our things and I lost money. As you can see, I'm back on my grind, but still running slower than I'm used too. He thinks I forgot about it and that I was never gonna come back at him since six months has past, but he tends to forget that I'm  Nate. I won't ever forget and it won't ever be over."

"Wow...well, what do you need me to do boss?" I asked.

"I need you to go downtown and apply for a position, get as close as you can to Smiley and once your close enough you'll have freedom to do anything, which is go in his office thats at the top of the building. Not everyone is allowed in there, if he has to discuss business, that's in his office under the building, so thats how you know where all the shit is held at." he shrugged, "so, what do you say?"

"I guess...um.. I'll do it, what position am I applying for? A worker for him, a bartender at his club, a Dj at his club?" I began asking.

"No..why would you be a Dj when you have no experience on being a Dj?" He said chuckling.

"I make music playlist and shuffle music on my phone all the time." I shrugged while grinning.

"It takes more than that, and how you gonna be a bartender when you probably never even had a alcohol before, you cant even make drinks." he said.