Chapter 11 - The Golden-eyed Hell

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing here?!" he threatened.

Chiharu cowered under Akashi's beyond furious gaze. His eyes scanned through her own.

"Uh...uhh..." she stammed out before dropping onto her backside. Fuji ran forward to defend her as Akashi raised a fist. It shook slightly before slamming onto the wall behind them. Fuji reached to pull Chiharu away. As he clutched her arm, Chiharu could tell Fuji was trembling.

Akashi turned and looked away, slowly going back to his seat as Chiharu and Fuji escaped out of the room.

"Chiharu-san, you should go," began Fuji as soon as they left the room. Chiharu frowned.

"I saw his eyes, Fuji-san." she began, fumbling over her words. "They were the same as they were in middle school."

"But..." Fuji started.

"I won't leave Akashi-kun alone," Chiharu firmly stated. "In middle school, he made me a promise he wouldn't leave me alone. I didn't give him a chance to fulfill it when I left. Now I refuse to leave him alone."

Fuji saw the determination in Chiharu's eyes. He knew she wouldn't budge.

"Ok. Go home for today. You can come again tomorrow," he said, whilst he observed her dishevelled state. It was obvious that she had just came from the school festival.

He looked outside the window. It was already night.

"I'll drive you home. It's not safe to leave by yourself this late at night," he commented.

Chiharu almost protested but he gave her a gentle smile.

"What am I supposed to do when the young master doesn't want to be disturbed? I have free time anyway. I'll drop you home."

She nodded, accepting his offer gratefully.

...

The next morning, Chiharu came straight to the hospital. The school festival would last the whole week and since she had already performed, she didn't need to attend anymore.

Chiharu spent the whole night desperately searching for excuses she could use to talk to Akashi. After much deliberation, she decided she would confront him about the school festival.

Energetically, she ran up the hospital stairs to reach the floor that Akashi's father was staying at. She shoved the door open, with a grin, only to falter at the sight before her.

Akashi Masaomi was awake and glaring at her. She recognised those cold, golden eyes, unchanged from the ones she encountered two years ago. She felt like she was being x-rayed by Akashi's father.

"Who are you?" his cold voice demanded. There was no hint of any warm emotion.

Akashi who sat facing his father, turned to see the interruption. His eyes widened sharply, to see the peach-haired girl panting at the door. He never thought she would come visit again. He was sure he had scared her to the point of no return.

"Momoi," he whispered. Akashi's father turned towards his son before a hint of recognition flashed through his eyes. He quickly looked back up at the girl to confirm the peach hair, eyes and round face.

"You!" he exclaimed, pointing a finger at her. Those steely eyes pierced through Chiharu's core and she felt herself tremble in a whole new level.

"Get away from my son! He doesn't need you! You were his only weakness and you ruined him! Get away!" he shouted.

Before Akashi's father could throw the flower vases next to his bed at her, Fuji grabbed Chiharu and slammed the door shut.

Chiharu clutched at her heart. She felt as if she was on the verge of death, except she was alive and safe. She immediately turned to Fuji, wanting an explanation for Akashi's father's psychotic behaviour. He, too, was panting heavily in shock.

Chiharu could hear Akashi's father on the other side of the door. He was shouting and yelling at his son, asking for an explanation as to why she was there.

She turned back to Fuji as he began to explain."Remember how I told you that when you left, the young master fell into a slump?" he inquired, panting in between his words.

"Yes," Chiharu replied unsteadily.

"Well the master was beyond furious at his actions. When the master heard that you had left, he was going to track you down in America and bring you back. He would do anything to revive the spirit in the young master... And for the first time, young master Seijuro opposed him."

After the incident, during middle school, Chiharu was convinced she had to leave Japan. No one could have stopped her. Especially Akashi. Akashi must've realised this, causing him to oppose his father.

Fuji continued. "The young master promised to forget about you, to never see you again. The master accepted that but he was beyond furious that the young master had opposed him. He directed that fury towards you whom he thought he would never see again."

"I see," muttered Chiharu, looking back at the hospital door. Akashi's father had quietened and now there was only silence.

Fuji also looked at the hospital door. "Now that the master has woken up, you should leave. I can't say that he won't hurt you. Especially now when he is on his deathbed, the young master's future prospects are his first priority. He won't be kind to any disturbances."

Chiharu nodded silently. She saw the fury in Akashi's father's eyes. It terrified her more than the tormentors in middle school and Akashi's own change.

Akashi's father was hell itself.

A/N

Hey guys! 

Here's today's chapter :) I'll be posting a double chapter soon.

As always please vote, comment and share.

Belfoo