Chapter Fifty Seven // Starry Night

Começar do início

"Do you want some tea?" James asked when I got back inside, I nodded and he headed downstairs to make it. Bosley wandered into James' bedroom and sat at my feet as if he was begging for cuddles. I jumped onto James' bed and Bosley did the same.

"How are you Bosley? Did you see that badass rainbow?!" I asked him in shock, he stared at me as if I was an alien but that was totally cool. I cuddled him tightly and waited for my tea.

James returned with two cups, he handed me the pretty pink one and I smiled to myself.

"Lemme guess, you made it the wrong way?" I sneered, James glared at me angrily and then turned on his TV. I really like winding him up, it's too funny. He flicked through each channel while sipping on his boiling tea, I continued to pet Bosley.

"COOL RUNNINGS! IT'S ON THE TV!" He screamed loudly which made Bosley jump off the bed and run around the room, I stared at him weirdly and shook my head.

"We're watching this, I don't care what you say" James said happily as he hurried over to the bed to sit down beside me, he turned the TV up extremely loud.

Instead of watching the movie I just stared at James the whole time, his constant giggling and attempts at being Jamaican (they were awful). James never seems happy but when he is doing things he loves like watching his favourite movies, listening to music, messing around with Bosley or going on long walks he is the happiest and joyful person you'd ever know. I love both sides of him, every side in fact.

"DID YOU LOVE IT?" James shouted at the end of the movie, I nodded quickly and he squeaked with excitement. I giggled to myself as he tried to dance around the bed with Bosley but Bosley wasn't having it, he began to 'play fight' him.

"We should go on a walk, bring Bosley as well" I said to James, he nodded and we got ready for our usual walks down the lane. It was now 11:30pm and we were going for a walk, rebels or what?!

"You hate walks in the dark, are you feeling alright?" James asked as he put the lead on Bosley and we headed to the door. I nodded quickly and skipped ahead.

"I'm feeling adventurous today" I whispered before running out into the dark, it was colder than I had expected. Bosley was overly excited about our late night walk, James held his hand out to me and I took it. We headed for the lane where we walk everyday and Bosley knew exactly where we were going.

"What if there are crackheads down here?" I whispered to James as we entered the lane, it was pitch black everywhere. The lane is sheltered over by trees and it takes a while get to the other side, I've never made it to the end because I always get so anxious that I will get lost.

"If there is they won't touch us, it's fine" James told me calmly, I nodded and watched Bosley jump around like a puppy.

- James' POV -

We had been walking for a while now and Bosley was getting tired, he was finding it hard to keep up with us.

"Should we go back?" Sophia asked me, I could tell she was freaking out because it was almost midnight and we were still outside.

"No, Bosley can't walk all the way back home. We will have to find somewhere to rest" I explained to her, Sophia nodded and began rummaging through her jeans pockets.

"I forgot my phone, do you have yours?" She asked me, I nodded and she took it from my hand. Sophia turned on the torch on my phone so we could see where we were walking.

There was a gate on the side of the lane that I had never seen before, it was chained so nobody could get inside.

"Let's go" I whispered to Sophia before climbing over the gate, she stared at me in shock while still holding the torch so she could see. I leaned over the gate and lifted Bosley over before taking Sophia's hand so she could get over as well.

"We are going to get in trouble" Sophia muttered while gluing herself to me, I put my arm around her and we continued to wander into a huge empty field. It was silent and pitch black here which is what made it even better, the sky was our light. I took my phone from Sophia's hands and turned off the torch.

"What the fuck are you doing?! We are going to be murdered!" She shouted nervously, I pointed upward to the sky and it instantly shut her up. We could see every single star in the sky because there was no light pollution in the area.

I stepped in front of Sophia and held my hand out to her, she grabbed it tightly and we walked into the middle of the field. Bosley slowly followed after us.

"This is a nice place to rest" I said before throwing myself on the grass and laying down, Bosley sat down beside me and rested his head on my stomach. Sophia sat at the other side of me and constantly looked around as if she was on the run after committing a crime.

"You're fine Soph, relax" I whispered to her, she sighed and lay down beside me. We stayed completely silent while watching the stars, it was almost like magic.

I looked across the grass at Sophia who had her eyes closed and a lovely smile on her face, I reached my hand out and lightly touched my finger tips on her cheek.

"What're you doing idiot?" She mumbled before grinning, I pulled away and blushed instantly. I thought she had fallen asleep.

"You know.. Ever since the day you moved next door to me I have been in love with your smile" I whispered to her, she opened her eyes and looked across at me.

"Your eyes have always made my stomach fill with butterflies, ever since that day. I may have seen your eyes and your smile over a billion times but they still never fail to make me.. feel"

"I think you have gone overly sleep deprived on me James" Sophia whispered back to me, I laughed slightly before looking back up at the stars.

"When I'm with you I feel like everything is going to be okay, my sadness and my fears disappear as soon as you are in vision. You make me feel alive, you make me believe in magic and love and everything good in this world" I ranted with so much passion, my eyes were beginning to tear up as I poured my heart out to her. I had been needing to do this for years.

"You make me want to change, I don't want to be angry or sad.. I just want to be happy with you"

"I know" Sophia said louder than before, I looked across at her again in shock. She had her eyes closed once again with that smile plastered on her face.

"I think we are meant to be together, I've just been blind to it" Sophia admitted as Bosley snored loudly on my stomach. My heart was thumping harder than it ever had before, the day I had been waiting for had finally arrived.

For the rest of the night we talked about our childhood and all the silly games we used to play when we were younger. We talked about our unnecessary arguments and how they were resolved in the space of ten seconds. Sophia told me that she had always been afraid that she was going to lose me at one point because that's what happens when people grow older, I told her I felt exactly the same.

Before we knew it the sun was rising and our eyes were red from staying up longer than we should have, our bodies were probably imprinted in the grass.

"Soph?" I whispered while tapping on her shoulder, she groaned and rubbed her eyes before staring at me.

"I had finally got to sleep and you had to wake me up" She snapped at me, I grinned slightly and continued to watch her.

"..We should try this, right?" I asked her nervously, Sophia looked at me in confusion for a moment before realising what I meant.

"I think we should" She said with a smile on her face, I nodded quickly before taking a deep breath and finally getting up. I helped Sophia up and we began to make our way back home with Bosley jumping around us, full of energy once again.

"You know that I love you" I said to Sophia when we got to the gate again, she looked at me for a moment.

"I do, I love you too"