chapter 23 § Happy birthday Lydia!

Start from the beginning

"Don't forget to try the punch," Lydia said turning around to walk away.

Stiles pushed a few more times and eventually fell through the doorway in front of my feet, making me laugh even louder.

"What did you bring?" I asked as Stiles stood back up whipping off some dust of his clothes with his hands.

"A TV ?" I raised my eyebrows. "I used to want to impress here but never got invited to her party's. So I thought maybe I should just give it to her tonight." I nodded, a chuckle leaving my lips before turning around and walk away just like Lydia had done a few seconds ago to find Allison.

I still had to tell Allison what Stiles and I found when I was at his place. We figured what it must have something to do with water. The fact that all the victims were on the swim team, the way the kanima reacted around the pool. He must have hated the swim team. Specifically, the 2006 swim team. So it could be another teacher. Maybe like a student back then.

After I explained the whole story to Allison, we walked over to Scott and Stiles. "Uh, Jackson's not here," Allison said awkwardly smiling at Scott.

"Yeah, no one's here," Stiles said looking around. I frowned my eyebrows looking around Lydia's courtyard as well. Apart from the music blasting through the speakers, it's dead silence. And those kids who were here earlier have disappeared too.

"Maybe it's just early," Scott said shrugging.

Stiles glanced at his best friend "or maybe nobody's coming because Lydia's turned into the town whackjob."

I turned too Lydia who's standing on the other side of the swimming pool looking around disappointed "well, we have to do something, because we've completely ignored her for the past two weeks," Allison nodded in agreement. I feel bad for here, everyone thinks she's crazy, we've been ignoring here and she has no idea why.

"She's completely ignored Stiles the past ten years," Scott scoffed. "We don't owe her a party."

"Well,she wouldn't be the town whackjob if it wasn't for us," Allison said with pleading eyes.

I took another look at Lydia who looks like she could cry soon. Scott sighed "I guess I could use my co - captain status to get the lacrosse team here." I smiled thankfully. I don't know her for that long but I do know she doesn't deserve this.

Stiles nodded "yeah, I also know some people who can get this thing going. Like, really going."

I glanced at him as he takes his phone from his pocket "Who?"

Stiles chuckled "I met them the other night. Let's just say they know how to party."

***********************

30 minutes later the doorbell rang and let's just say the party started. Those people Stiles called earlies, it turned out that he called the drag queens who surrounded him at the gay club when Jackson paralyzed Danny. Don't ask me why he still has their numbers though. But anyways, they did get the party started, because right now the whole town is here.

I walked over to the two boys with 2 glasses filled with punch. "Because, Scott, something's gotta go right here - " I gave Stiles one glass and took a sip myself of the other glass. Weird, this punch tastes weird. And not because of the alcohol.

"I mean, we're getting our asses royally kicked, if you haven't noticed. People are dying. I got my dad fired. You're gonna be held back in school. I'm in love with a werewolf. And if on top of all that, I gotta watch you lose Allison to a stalker like Matt, I'm gonna stab myself in the face," my eyes widened, and not because of Stiles' confession, but because Jackson just showed up standing at the other side of the pool.