[Chapter Thee] Other Perspectives

Start from the beginning

But no matter how much I insisted I stayed, she made me go, she told me she would feel guilty if I stayed and I didn't want her feeling worse.

My whole group session I spent worrying about her, she told me she's been there since six this morning and it really worried me.

I knew that I barely knew her, but she reminded me so much of myself I felt an instant connection to her and to her addiction as well. I never had anyone to help me through it. I was on my own. My family didn't want anything to do with me while I went through it and I failed the first time. I couldn't do it on my own.

My family sent me here after I relapsed and then I was on my own here too, I always wanted someone who was experienced in it to help me through it, tell me what would make me feel even a fraction better, that would know what to do to help with headaches.

"Bailey" I came in and bit my lip, was she conscious?

"Too loud" she mumbled at me and I grimaced, that must be a hell of a headache.

 "Sorry" I whispered and sat down beside her and rubbed her back some more. She sighed and I hoped that I was helping at least a little bit.

I was sitting there for about ten minutes before she moved up and heaved again, they sounded horrible painful and she was heaving so hard she couldn't breathe. She was panting trying to take gasps of breaths and I was trying so hard not to freak out right now.

 "Come on sweetie, breathe. You need to breathe." I said "inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale" I repeated until she started to calm down and was back to normal, well as normal as she could be right now.

"What time is it?" she asked as she coughed lightly

"Almost three" I told her

"Go to your session." She immediately told me like a mother

"No, you're not doing well; I'm going to stay here." There was no way I could leave her this time, she was beyond what I've ever seen. The shakes were worse than anyone I've seen detox, she was pale, weak, her voice as so small, and I'm sure she was in massive amounts of pain.

"Lacey" she sighed, "Please just go. It will make me feel better if you went to your session."

"I'll be back in an hour." I told her reluctantly and rushed off to the front desk, they needed to know how she was doing. They already asked a couple times, but they need to help her.

"Hello Lacey" Kylie smiled, just the woman I was looking for. "Aren't you late for your session?" she asked carefully, she may seem sweet, and she is, but she'll blow if you skip sessions.

"Yeah, I was with Bailey, she's right in the worst part of her detox" she nodded in understanding. I knew I wouldn't be in trouble.

"How is she doing?" she asked

"Horrible. Which is why I came here, she needs help or something. I have never seen anyone come down that hard and that bad."

"How bad?"

"She's been throwing up since six this morning, and has heaving horrible, she was barely breathing earlier because it was so bad, and she's passed out once already. I'm really worried about her."

"Okay, how about you go to your session and I'll get a doctor to go check on her, okay?"

"Check now?"

"One won't be in until three thirty, four. I promise Bailey will be their first stop."

"Fine" I groaned, I knew there was nothing I could do at this point. They were strict when they said that detoxing was something we did the hard way, and it sucked.