28

Months later

Kayla's POV

It's been months and I been working on my music with August. I ended up making a freestyle video and it went viral on the Internet. Another one of my videos went viral, it was an old video I was freestyling to and Damion was in it with me. Everyone was supporting me and it felt good. People were trying to sign me but I was being cautious. I wanted to work with August, he's actually been trying to work on his 2nd album. We tried to have a baby, but it didn't work out. I took a test and it said negative. I had no type of side effects. We were both upset but we're both still going on strong. I was in the studio with August, Adrian, Devin, Leon and London. They're growing so fast! Then my gut as gotten a little bigger, my fat ass need to go exercise.

"Alright, so we found this beat for you. Just work with it ight?" August told me as he took a bite of his pizza. We had a whole bunch of food in the studio.

I nodded and we all listened to the beat. We were was bobbing our heads to the beat. When it was over I smiled.

"I can work with it" I told him.

"Bet"

"Damn I can't believe you're finally about to do something that you actually love" Devin said.

"I know right, I didn't think I was ready" I said through my laugh.

Adrian scrunched up her face "you didn't think you were ready? You been rapping your whole damn life, remember back at the Admiral Theatre? You used to spit flame in your dressing room" She said.

I laughed and remembered what she was talking about. "I mean damn, I just didn't have no one to listen to my music."

"Then you weren't trying to have serious business" August said and smirked at me.

"Be quiet" I told him and smiled.

We were all talking and having a great time. I can't wait to do all the big things like August, I'm actually working on a mixtape and I have to make sure it's good enough for people to listen to.

"Awh shit! Kirk got a showcase going on and he wants you to perform Kayla" August said.

My eyes grew wide and I stood up.

"Whaaaaaaaaat?!" I kind of yelled.

"I call front row!" Adrian blurted out.

"When is it?" Devin asked.

"Ummm, this weekend"

I took a bite of my pizza and was smirking. I was excited as hell and couldn't wait. After I took 2 more bites of the pizza , I felt sick. I sat it down and ran to the restroom. I ended up throwing up the stuff I ate. I wiped my mouth and sat there on the floor.

"Damn..." I said to myself.

I got up and went back to the studio room. They were all looking at me crazy.

"What you running for?" August asked.

I sat down and leaned back in the chair.

"I threw up"

"Well hell yeah you did, you had like 5 pieces of pizza, you drunk a whole bottle of fruit punch by yourself, and like 3 donuts. I would have thrown up too." Devin said through his laugh.

"But she usually eat like that though" August said.

"That's what I'm saying" I said and put some gum in my mouth.

"It's probably that damn nasty ass pizza you bought" Adrian told Devin.

He laughed and threw his hands up. "Girl, you act like I knew they didn't eat that pizza. They were eating it like it was good!"