7

1 week later

I finally moved and got settle in my small apartment here in New York. I was sitting on the couch filling out a lot of applications. I just got finished with my 3rd one and I took a break. After my brothers death, i seem like I've changed. I'm more quiet, chill, and kind of more focused on my future. I'm young as hell and still have things I can do. I haven't seen August since Damion's funeral, Adrian and Devin should be coming by sometime today. They have a condo and it's pretty neat. I was staring at the huge picture frames of me, my mama and Damion that was hanging on the wall. I had a small table with Damion's pictures and a few of pictures of my ma. Memories were flooding my head and I really couldn't take it. I softly cried and leaned my head back. "Get yourself together Kayla. Stay strong" I said to myself. I took a deep breath then headed to my bedroom. I walked into my closet and pulled out a black long sleeved crop top, jeans, and some black vans. Something simple. Adrain and I were suppose to be shopping today, and I really need to get out. I may can get more applications while I'm there at the mall. As soon as I was heading to the bathroom to shower, my phone rang. I went over to it an saw Adrian calling.

Me: Hello?

Adrian: (Laughs) Wassup lil bitch

I laughed then sat on the bed.

Me: Nothing, I was about to get in the shower. We still shopping today right?

Adrian: Oooo, sorry Kayla. I can't, me and Devin barley got settled here and we have a lot of work to do. I'm sorry boo

Me: It's okay, I understand. Just hit my line whenever you can

Adrian: Alright boo, thanks. Love you

Me: Love you more

I hung up and sighed. I was really planning on hanging with her today, I threw my phone on the bed and went in the bathroom to shower anyways.

When I got finished, I was in my room freshening up and putting on the outfit I pulled out earlier. I was putting on my make up and doing my hair till I realized I barley know it around here. I sighed on how everything was already going bad. I got done and grabbed my phone. I had no calls or text. If my brother and ma was here I wouldn't have to worry about anything. I walked out of my room and into the living room. I grabbed my keys and purse then walked out of the door. I locked it and headed down the stairs and to my car. A group of guys were literally standing next to my car, I rolled my eyes on the fact that they were by the drivers seat door. When they all saw me, they stopped talking. "Damn" I heard one of the guys say. "Can you guys kind of move away from my car please" I said and hit the unlock button. They all laughed and moved over. I shook my head and opened the door until one of them spoke. "Excuse me Miss?" A Brownskin tall boy said. "Yeah?" I answered. "I think I've seen you before" He said. I looked at him and scrunched up my face. "You have the wrong person Sir, I just moved here" I said with an attitude. He was looking at me still trying to figure out who I am. "You stayed in Chicago?" He asked while pointing at me. I slowly shook my head. He then smirked and looked at me up and down while rubbing his chin. "..that's where I know you from shawty"  I still had my face scrunched up looking confused. "What the fuck you talking bout?l I asked. He looked at his homeboys then back at me. He pulled out a whole bunch of dollar bills and began throwing at me one by one. "You Miss Karma, yeah. You sure was shaking that ass for me too." I became mad and rolled my eyes. "You talking about shaking that ass in my apartment tonight?" He asked then laughed. I shook my head and got in my car. I started it and drove off fast. Those were one of the reasons why I didn't want to be a stripper. Childish ass fuckers like him.

After doing a lot of shopping by myself and all. I was sitting in my car trying to figure out what can I do next. Just when I was about to pull off, August texted me