4

1 week later

"Sooo, y'all just ended the relationship like that?" Devin asked me while his head rested on Adrian's lap. I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, cause he's an asshole" Adrian smacked her lips. "No! Y'all were adorable. Y'all just need to sit down and talk about the situation." Devin nodded. "I agree with baby girl" I looked at them with a stale look on my face and shook my head "You guys don't understand. When was the last time y'all some had problems?" I asked them as I crossed my legs. They both looked at each and smiled. "Umm, like. A few months ago." I squinted my eyes. "Are y'all lying?" Devin laughed and looked at Adrian. Adrian looked down at him and sighed. "Okay Okay, we had a slight problem before we got here. We cool now" I chuckled. "No wonder Adrian came up in here with an attitude. What happened?" Devin sat up. "We was arguing over food.." I smacked my lips "what the fuck?" Adrian smiled "Hey! It was a serious argument. He always wanna eat Taco Bell, I wanted some McDonalds!" She semi-yelled. "Y'all husssh" Devin looked down at his phone then Adrian. "You ready?" He asked her. Adrian nodded and handed him the keys. "Here, I'll be out there in a minute. I gotta talk to her real quick" "Ight, bye Kay" I waved. "Bye byeeee" He walked out the door and Adrian was smiling at me. "What?" "So, have you thought of looking for someone new?" I scrunched up my face and scoffed. "Hell no" "Why?" "I just broke up with a nigga I've been dating for a year and a half Adrian. You think I've moved on that fast?" She smirked and threw her hands up. "My bad fam, I was just wondering." She said. "Have someone at least caught your eye?" She continued and smirked. I was looking around and smiling. Adrian raised her eyebrow "Who is it Biiitch?" She asked scooting up to the edge of the couch. "Well.." I started. "Well..?" She waited for me to continue. "The night I broke up with him, I did dance on this fine as fella. He was lightskin, perfect teeth, a lot of tattoos, and has this sexy ass Louisiana accent." I said then fanned myself. "I need to see this young man, you do have good taste!" I flipped my hair. "I know" I said in between my laugh. She stood up slowly and stretched. "Well I gotta go, we got some important things to do" I raised my brow "like?" "Touch your nose Kay" She said and walks towards the door. "What? I can't know?" I asked and crossed my arms. "No! But I love you so much! Bye" she said and ran out the door. I shook my head and smiled. I walked over to the door and locked it. I sighed and looked around the house. I seriously need to find more people to fuck with.

**********************************
I walked into the house to find Damion and his home boy playing the X-Box. I sat the keys on the kitchen counter ad walked over to them. "Wassup y'all" I spoke. "Wassup" They both said without taking their eyes off the TV screen. "Can y'all pause the game real quick and help take the groceries out the car?" I asked. Damion paused the game and they both got up and went outside. I smiled then grabbed the controller and started playing the game. They were playing 2k and I laughed on how I was helping Damo win. I heard the front door close and they both looked at me crazy. "There wasn't any groceries" I smiled as looked at them. "I know" Damo's friend, Miguel laughed and shook his head. "She lied foo, she just wanted to play the game" He said in between his laughs. "You damn skippy" I said. Damion came over to me and snatched the controller out of my hand. "Really?! I was helping you win nigga! Don't forget I beat you in this game like 20 times" I said while standing up. Miguel put his hand over his mouth and laughed. "Oooooo, she dawged you" He said. Damion laughed. "Shut up nigga" I shook my head and crossed my arms. "Okay, what y'all want to do?" I asked. "I heard there was this showcase at the Community Center." Damion said. "What kind of showcase?" I asked. "You know, open mic night" "Oh okay. What time it starts?" "8" Miguel said. I looked at them and raised my eyebrow. "Yall wanna go?" I asked. They both nodded. "You can rap or sing." Damion said to me. I began walking out of the living room going towards the stairs. "Who said I was doing it?" "Me" I rolled my eyes and flicked him off. "Whateverrr"

"Please give a warm welcome to Miss. Kayla Mathis" The host said. I came onto the stage and smiled. I fixed my shirt and cleared my throat. "Hello everyone, how y'all doing on this fine night?" I asked. "Good" I heard the audience say. I flashed another smile, Causing someone to whistle. I really wasn't nervous about being on stage, I'm used to it. I sometimes do a few Open Mic nights and knowing I'm always dancing on stage. "I'm going to sing for you guys, I usually show my rapping skills but I'm just going to calm this beautiful night" I said. Everyone began clapping and I heard the music start. I was singing 1+1 by Beyoncé. I knew the crowd loved it by the way they were clapping and some singing along.