twenty nine

some fetus Harry because we need to remember the simpler times xx

Harry's POV

Were the flowers too much? Was the note too demanding? Did I seem too desperate? These questions kept spinning around my head, making me overthink what I was doing. I stared at myself in the mirror and frowned at myself as I continued to overthink.

"Is a suit too much?" I turned and asked Niall, who was sitting on his bed playing a game on his phone.

"If you ask me one more goddamn question I'm going to throw this bed at you," Niall groaned at me. I'd been pestering him the entire evening in anticipation for my date with Violet.

"You're acting like this is your first date. You need to relax. Violet loves you, and you love her too. I know you two had a rough patch, but this is going to smooth everything over," He told me and shot me a smile.

"You're right," I nodded. I also nodded to myself in the mirror for extra assurance. I checked my watch to make sure I would be at her dorm by seven. "Alright lad, wish me luck," I smiled at Niall as I made my way to the door.

"Good luck! Don't be an asshole!" He shouted towards me. I rolled my eyes and shut the door. I nervously picked at my fingernails as I walked to her dorm. I've walked this path so many times that I knew it by heart. There was a memory of our relationship each step of the way.

I glanced over to the sidewalk across from me and remembered that was where I first kissed her. I smiled to myself as I remembered her running out of the library because she had "said too much." I remembered her shocked face when I pulled her close to me and her surprising eagerness to kiss me back.

I could see the bar where I ended up drunkenly punching Jack. But one of my favorite memories stood out to me as I walked closer to Violet's dorm. The night I carried her back to her door after she got drunk at that party.

I began to smile to myself as I remembered that moment. Those were simpler times, and I loved thinking back to those times. I remembered how she clung to me not only for warmth, but for safety as well. Her hair was shiny enough for the moon's light to reflect against it, and although there was still a little bit of vomit in it, it was still beautiful.

Her eyes were fluttered shut and she had her eyebrows furrowed as if she was confused, but I remember pulling her even closer to me and seeing a smile form on her sweet lips. I also remember thinking that she was out of my league. Anyone can see it. She's out of my league, yet she chose me.

That brings me to reminisce on my other thought that evening. I might be young, but I know that my feelings for Violet are too great to be brushed off as a crush. That night I realized that I could focus on one girl. All my fears of abandonment seemed to be temporarily washed out.

That night I stood in front of her door the same way I am now. I was nervous, yet oddly peaceful. Except that night, she was in my arms half asleep. I smiled to myself once more as I came back to the present. I knocked on her door and tapped my foot quickly.

"Coming!" I heard her shout from inside. Soon enough, the door opened and revealed my Violet.

"You look...wow," I breathed out as I scanned my eyes over her. She was wearing a stunning black dress that showed off just enough without showing too much.

"Too much?" She asked as she stepped back inside. "I can go change-"

"It's perfect," I grinned at her. "I thought I would be too overdressed in this suit,"

"Nonsense, I love a man in a suit," Violet winked.

"So I've heard," I smiled back. We walked next to each other and headed outside towards my car.

"Where are we having dinner?" Violet asked while picking at her nails.

"It's a surprise," I grinned. Vi rolled her eyes at me yet she couldn't help but giggle.

We got to my car and Violet headed towards the passengers seat. "Nope. Come over here," I told her. She gave me a confused look as she came back towards the trunk where I stood.

I opened the trunk and revealed a picnic basket full of food and a blanket. Violet's face brightened as she grabbed the blanket. "This is so cute!" She said excitedly.

"That's my plan," I laughed. I picked up the picnic basket and we walked over to a clear space of grass on campus. Violet set down the blanket and we both sat down. I opened the basket and took out some bread and sandwich meat and of course, champagne.

"You're all class, Styles," Violet burst out laughing when she saw the champagne bottle.

"I know right," I chuckled as I made myself a sandwich. The sun was just going down, which lighted up the sky with pinks and deep purples. Violet was staring up at the sky, which allowed the light to illuminate her skin. She turned and caught me staring and laughed. "What are you looking at?"

"I'm always looking at you," I grinned as I pulled her closer to me and connected our lips. She didn't hesitate to kiss back, and instead she ran her fingers through my hair and pulled me closer to her. I could feel the same feeling that surfaced that night I carried her to her dorm. I felt wanted again. And I knew she felt the same way too.

•••
I'm alive! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while, it's been a crazy summer. Also, I'm sorry for the shït chapter. Thank you for your patience and I hope you still tolerate the book.
Ily xx -C