nine

look at our little sunshine up there :')
•••

"Why do you continue to build walls up against me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I mumbled.

"Yes, you do. You try to hide your true feelings with hate or sarcasm. I just don't get it, Violet," Harry said. He had placed down his book and stared at me intimidatingly.

"I don't hide my feelings!" I argued. I knew he was right, but I was definitely not going to admit it.

"You do! You just don't want to admit it!"

I was left speechless because everything he was saying was true. If I shared my true feelings with him, he would probably just break my heart. If he knew what went on in my head when I saw him, he would never let me live it down either. I just couldn't tell him.

"See? You know I'm right," Harry sighed.

"I know," I grumbled.

"Please stop building these walls, Vi. I'm not as bad as you think I am," He grinned.

"We'll see,"

"I've got another question," Harry started. I nodded for him to continue.

"How do you really feel about me?" He smirked.

"You're pretty cool," I laughed. He smiled then shook his head.

"You know what I mean," Harry leaned forward and winked at me. I sighed and contemplated whether or not to be truthful. As if he read my mind, he added, "tell the truth, love,"

"Harry, you're very attractive- and you know it too. I thought you were cocky and a bit of an asśhole, and I still think that. But, for some reason I sort of like it and you're always on my mind-" I immediately stopped myself. I've said way too much. I looked away from him and began gathering my things.

"Wait, you didn't finish!" Harry told me.

"I'm sorry, I should go," I replied hastily.

"Are you kidding?" He laughed. When he realized I wasn't, he stood up and tried to stop me from leaving.

"Violet, I don't understand. What's the matter?" He asked me as I started walking out of the library.

"I've said too much," I whispered. Harry chuckled and grabbed my arm.

"This isn't funny, Vi,"

"I'm not trying to be funny, Harry. I've told you too much and I don't need you to be able to hold these things against me!"

"Hush!" One of the librarians said when we started talking too loud. We both rolled our eyes at her attempt to hush us.

"I wouldn't hold anything against you! Unless it was my body, of course," Harry winked at me. I tried to hide my smile with one of my books.

"I'm sure you would! Everyone else in the past has, so why would you be any different?" I scoffed. I walked out of the library, leaving Harry looking rather sad and confused.

I walked alone in the cold while thinking over what just happened. I know Harry wants me to open up more, but I don't know if I can. He's probably just going to make fun of me if I tell him how I really feel anyways. I sighed to myself, but then I heard someone calling my name.

I turned around and saw Harry jogging to catch up with me. I stopped in my tracks and stared at him as he ran. How is it possible that even when he's running he looks like a god?

"Violet! I know why I'm different," He smiled while out of breath.

"Excuse me?" I grinned.

"You asked why I would be any different. And I know why,"

"Well?"

"Because I care for you more than you know," Harry grinned proudly.

"Don't mess with me, Styles," I warned.

"I'm not messing with you, love,"

I still didn't believe him, and with an eye roll, I turned and began walking away from him again. I heard him groan and then he grabbed my arm and pulled me into him. His arms wrapped around my waist as he held me against him. I stared breathlessly up at the beautiful boy.

His hand moved to my cheek as he pulled my face closer to his own. Soon enough, our lips touched which sent electricity flowing through me.

I was finally kissing Harry Styles.

•••
I'd like to thank all of you so so so much for the feedback! I love you all and I hope you're enjoying the story! xx C