four

"Let's do this,"

I downed one more shot of tequila and grinned at a shocked Isabelle. She set her drink down and put her hands on my shoulders.

"Violet, are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes! Why wouldn't I be okay?"

"Well, you're drinking like it's the end of the world. I've only seen you drink like this one other time. Remember your breakup with Colton?"

"How could I forget?" I snapped.

"Look, I just don't want you to make bad decisions tonight. I know I'm a little tipsy right now, but I'm looking out for you, okay?" Isabelle told me.

"Thank you, I love you so much," I slurred.

"Don't do anything stupid!"

"Never," I grinned.

•••

"I've had the time of my life!" I shouted along with the music that was blasting from the speakers.

"And I've never felt this way before!" Everyone screamed around me.

I was standing on a table with a bottle of vodka in my hand, shouting the lyrics to "I've Had the Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing.

"Someone dance with me!" I giggled. A few guys jumped up onto the table with me and started grinding against me.

"No, silly!" I giggled, pushing one of them lightly.

"Mates, get down," I heard a low voice say. I glanced down and saw Harry glaring at the two guys who were just grinding against me.

"You're no fun," One of them mumbled.

"Get down, Violet,"

"No,"

"Violet. Now," He said firmly.

"You're not the boss of me," I stuck my tongue out at him. Harry chuckled for a second and then leaned closer to me.

"Violet, with you up here dancing for all these drunk guys, it draws attention. I don't want them looking at you like that,"

"Why should you care?" I slurred.

"I shouldn't, but I do," he sighed and helped me down off of the table.

I reached for more alcohol, but Harry grabbed my hand and shook his head. "I think you've had plenty for tonight,"

"I want more,"

"If you have more, you won't remember anything tomorrow,"

"'Maybe that's what I want," I replied snottily.

"What?" Harry asked.

"My feelings are all f.ucked up and I just want to feel free for one night,"