twenty seven

Harry's POV

"You're stupid," Louis laughed as he leaned back in his desk chair. I had just finished filling him in on everything that happened between Violet and I recently, and he couldn't stop laughing.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed. I folded my arms across my chest as I stared at Louis.

"For starters, you were an asśhole to Violet," He bluntly pointed out. I rolled my eyes and waited for him to continue.

"You should've explained things to her instead of being cold. That's your issue, Harry. You kept your feelings inside and you let your anger control you. It's stupid," Louis explained as he took a gulp of his drink.

"I just didn't know what to do. I didn't really mean to be an asśhole," I sighed and shook my head.

"Well you were an asśhole," Louis laughed at me. I glared at him and went back to sulking, which made Louis huff and lean closer towards me. "Aw, come on. Just go talk to her. You won't get anywhere sitting here in your room pouting,"

"But she doesn't love me," I mumbled. The more I thought of her sweet lips muttering those venom filled words, the more it hurt.

"Wow. You really are stupid," Louis rolled his eyes at me again, causing me to throw a pillow at him. "Harry! She loves you! You said you don't love her either and here you are; crying like a baby!"

"But-" I began, but Louis chucked my pillow back at me. "Shut up and go talk to her," He said firmly.

"I will soon," I mumbled and suddenly earned another smack from Louis. "Oi! What was that for?"

"Go now!" He shouted.

"Fine! I'm going! Happy?" I groaned as I opened the door to leave.

"Very happy," The brat grinned at me as he propped his feet up on my desk and placed his hands behind his head. He winked at me as I closed the door, which was his own way of wishing me luck.

I walked the all too familiar path to Violet's and continuously wiped my clammy hands on my jeans. I didn't even know what I was going to say. Was I going to just tell her I do love her? Or am I apologizing for being an asśhole? God, I don't know.

I continued to drown in my thoughts and growing anxiety as I arrived at her door. I stood there for a moment as if I was in a trance. Just knock, I repeated over in my head. I knocked on her door and nervously played with my hands as I listened to the shuffling inside.

Once she opened the door, it felt as if I was hit right in the face by reality. Violet always managed to look stunning no matter what she was wearing, which continues to baffle me. Her eyes widened when she saw me and she awkwardly looked down at her feet for a moment.

"Hi," I pushed out. She looked back up at me and smiled faintly. "Hi," Violet responded.

As I stared at her, a thousand things I wanted to say were flooding my mind, yet I couldn't form a single sentence. Why can't I speak?

"Did you need something?" She asked.

"I-I wanted to talk to you," I nodded. This would give me some time to figure out what I would say to her.

"Alright, come in," Violet stepped aside, letting me through the doorway. I sat down at the end of her bed, and she plopped down at the head of the bed. "What do you need to talk to me about?"

"Well...I had to tell you that I...I still have feelings for you," I breathed out. I stared nervously at her as I awaited her response.

"I still have feelings for you too," She smiled. I felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I grinned from ear to ear and leaned closer to her.

"What are you doing?" Violet asked as I leaned in for a kiss.

"What? I was going to kiss you," I laughed.

"I don't think so, Styles," She shook her head and sighed.

"What?" I asked again.

"I might still have feelings for you, but that doesn't mean we can go back to the way we were. You hurt me, Harry," Violet frowned.

"I know but we can work through this. You know I never meant to hurt you," I told her.

"Well, you did. You can't just come in here and tell me you love me and expect to have me wrapped around your finger. I've been wrapped around other people's fingers too many times and all it does is destroy me," She sighed and looked me deep in the eyes.

I was left speechless again. I never thought she was wrapped around my finger; I would never treat her like that. The fact that she was hurting this much because of me only made me feel worse.

"Vi, we can do this. I know it'll be hard but-" I started, yet she cut me off. "You know what they say don't you? If you love something, set it free?" She whispered.

"And if it comes back, it'll be yours forever," I smiled weakly at her. I stood up from her bed and walked to the door, unsure of what to do, but completely sure of what to say.

"You might be setting me free Violet, but I'll always come back to you," I found the courage deep inside me to wink and smile at her as I left her room. And the growing smile and blush she was trying to hide told me that she would be waiting for me when I came back.

•••
How was it babes? I'm trying to keep this realistic-ish by basing the events off of my life so it doesn't seem completely out there lmao

Love you xx -C