twenty one

Violet's POV

I awoke abruptly to the sound of someone knocking on my dorm door. I looked over to Isabelle's bed to see if she would get it, but she had left. I groaned loudly when I realized I had to get up.

I rolled my eyes and groggily got out of my bed. I opened the door and revealed Jack standing there, holding his jaw.

"Jack?" I asked surprisedly, as I sleepily rubbed my eyes.

"Can I come in, Violet?"

"Of course," I nodded and guided him in, "what time is it?"

"It's almost one in the morning," He sighed.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but why are you here at one in the morning?"

"I got in a fight," Jack told me. He removed his hand from his face and revealed a bloody mouth and the beginnings of some nasty bruises.

"Oh my god!" I shrieked, "who did this to you?" I grabbed a towel and tried to wipe up some of his blood and grabbed something from my freezer for him to put onto his face.

"Harry," Jack stared directly at me as he said his name. I laughed for a second, obviously not believing him.

"Harry? He didn't do this," I shook my head in denial as I continued to clean Jack up.

"Yes he did,"

"It's probably just an accident. He must've accidentally bumped into you," I concluded, even though I knew what I was saying was highly irrational for the wound Jack has.

"With his fist?"

"I don't know, Jack. I just don't think you got in a fight with Harry," I sighed.

"I'll tell you what happened then," he began, "I went to the bar and I saw Niall so I went over to say hello. I saw he was with Harry and we shook hands and then I began questioning him a bit and he just came out of nowhere and punched me!"

"He came out of nowhere?"

"Yeah! I wasn't ready for it!"

"Yeah, it's a punch. No one is really ready for a punch in the face," I laughed.

"Okay, fine. But Violet, I don't like that guy," Jack sighed.

"Of course you wouldn't, he punched you," I grinned. Jack stared at me, telling me with his eyes that this isn't a joke. I frowned as I continued to wipe up some of his blood.

"Well, I'm sorry you don't like him," I said simply.

"He won't keep you safe,"

"Jack," I say with a warning tone.

"He's showing symptoms of an abusive boyfriend, Vi. I know because I'm studying-"

"Woah, woah, woah. What are you talking about?"

"He's going out drinking, punching random men out of drunkenness and anger, getting extremely jealous...these are signs, baby. He's dangerous," Jack told me as he held both of my hands in his. I stared at him for a moment trying to decide my reaction.

My first reaction was to defend Harry, but what Jack was saying made me rethink. What if Harry will snap one day? I could be the first one in his path and then we'd both do something we regret. I was speechless as I stared up at Jack.

"You don't know him," I finally whispered.

"Yes I do, Violet!" He yelled at me. I shrunk in my seat at his raised voice and quickly removed my hands from his.

"That boy is bad for you and I'm not allowing you to continue this so called relationship," Jack asserted. I stared at him with even more shock than before.

"What the hell? You're not my father!" I raised my voice at him.

"I'm the closest thing to him. I'm sure he wouldn't want you running around with some tatted up sex addict!"

"How many times do I have to tell you that you don't know him! He's not like that!"

"Violet, how many times have you been screwed over by boys like him?" Jack suddenly asked.

"I've never been screwed over by a boy like him," I mumbled.

"Don't play this with me. Remember Adam? You thought he was a sweetheart but, no. I saved you after that nasty scene, didn't I? What about Colton? He couldn't control himself either! I saved you from that one too!"

"Leave the past in the past, Jack! I can't believe you brought Colton up," I muttered. I could feel tears brimming in my eyes as he reminded me of my many faults.

"The point is, I was there to warn you. And here I am again. I was right about them, so what makes you think I'm not right about Harry?" He asked me.

"God, I don't know!" I screamed as I felt a few hot tears starting to fall. I quickly wiped them away in hopes of Jack not noticing.

"Violet, don't cry," Jack mumbled as he frowned and wiped away one of my tears. I sniffled and fell into him since I was exhausted from our fight.

"Shh," He whispered as he ran his fingers through my hair and had us sit down. He pulled me into his lap and hugged me close to him. "I'm sorry Violet, I just don't want this boy to break your heart,"

"He won't," I squeaked out, mostly for my own reassurance.

"You deserve someone who will hold you when you cry and kiss you until you're all better," Jack hummed in my ear. I smiled against his chest and hugged him harder. I heard the door click open, and in walked the dreaded figure.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Isabelle smirked.

•••
Your two favorite characters in one chapter ;)
As always, love you all xx -C