Chapter Seventy Nine

Start from the beginning

They're both quiet after that, just drinking their coffee before Louis breaks the silence, "I still get to be your best man right?" he asks and Zayn rolls his eyes, "of course Lou, it just won't be at a huge wedding" he explains. Louis nods his head at that, "I don't care about that I care about being there for you" he murmurs, Zayn grins nodding his head. "What about the new baby?" Louis asks and Zayn furrows his eyebrows, "what about the new baby?" Zayn asks and Louis rolls his eyes, "who's going to be the Godfather?" he asks slowly. Zayn shrugs, "honestly, we haven't really talked about it yet Lou" he answers honestly, watching his best friend's reaction closely. Louis smiles at him "hey Zee, it's alright I get it, yeah. I was just curious. And if Liam wants it to be Niall I'll be okay with that too" he murmurs and Zayn smiles gratefully, because honestly he was worried about Louis' reaction to that. "So Liam's adopting Bella?" Louis asks, changing the subject and Zayn grins, "yeah, I mean he's already her Dad, I figured we should make it official. So I asked him if he'd be willing to do it, and he agreed" he murmurs. Louis arches an eyebrow at him "you thought he'd say no?" he asks and Zayn shakes his head, "no not really" he mumbles. "Okay and last thing, are you going to become a Payne? Because honestly Zayn Payne, really?" Louis laughs and Zayn smirks, "I don't think so, I kind of think we'll both keep our own names you know" he mumbles and Louis nods, "yeah that makes sense, what about the kiddos?" Louis asks. Zayn bites his lip, "I don't know. I mean Bella's always been a Malik, but the new baby will probably be a Payne. Liam and I need to discuss it still I think" he mumbles. Louis nods,reaching to rest a hand on Zayn's, "you guys will figure it out, just talk to him yeah?" he asks, and Zayn nods in response.

Zayn and Louis hung out for another two hours before they decided they should head to their respective homes, Zayn needing to figure out dinner and talk to Liam about names and stuff, and Louis just itching to get back to Harry. Zayn's not surprised when he gets to the apartment to find it empty, Aurora meets him at the door, her tail wagging excitedly, as she jumps up at him, "get down, c'mon let's go outside" he mumbles, clipping a leash to her collar. Once Aurora's done her business Zayn leads her back up to the apartment, unclipping the leash and laughing as she runs off into the apartment. He can hear her squeaking one of her toys and shakes his head as he makes his way to his and Liam's bedroom to change into more comfortable clothes. He's just pulling a t-shirt over his head when he hears Liam and Bella come in, she's talking excitedly and quickly as Liam no doubt tries to keep up. "Zayn?" Liam calls out and Zayn smirks coming out of the bedroom, "I'm here" he calls back, "do you want to just order dinner?" Liam asks as Zayn comes into the kitchen,his eyes scanning Liam from head to toe, where he's still dressed in his suit. Zayn bites his lip and nods his head, just as Bella comes barrelling into the room "BABA!" she calls excitedly jumping at him. Zayn laughs, catching her easily and hugging her close to his chest, "Baba, I missed you" she mumbles and Zayn kisses her forehead, "I missed you too" he murmurs. "So I ordered Chinese, should be here in thirty minutes" Liam announces coming back into the room, "and miss Bella you need to go put your things away, none of your stuff belongs on the floor by the door" he adds. Bella pouts, but Zayn shakes his head "listen to Daddy, and go pick up your things please" he murmurs, setting her down.

"How was coffee with Louis?" Liam asks, as he and Zayn head towards the kitchen, once Bella has disappeared, Zayn shrugs, "it was good, I miss seeing him everyday you know" Zayn murmurs. Liam nods, wrapping his arms around Zayn's waist his chin resting on Zayn's shoulder, "and how was work?" Liam pushes and Zayn groans, because work was the same as it always is, no one but Jessie, actually talks to him and it's starting to drive him crazy. "That good, huh?" Liam chuckles, Zayn sighs, "it will get better Zee" Liam murmurs, before kissing his cheek, "I'm going to change, we'll talk more in a minute. I can tell something else is bugging you" Liam says before he leaves the room. Bella comes into the kitchen as soon as Liam leaves, "Baba?" she asks and Zayn turns to face her grinning, "yes, love?" he asks. Bella grins up at him "can we see Kenzi, and Ethan, and Mason soon?" she asks pouting and Zayn chuckles, "I'm sure we can love, maybe this weekend, okay?" he answers. Bella nods before she runs out of the room again, no doubt to make a mess somewhere.

It's not until dinner is finished and Bella has disappeared to watch TV for a little before bed that Zayn gets a chance to be alone with Liam, as alone as they can be with Bella in the apartment anyways. "So Zee, what's on your mind. I know you're thinking too hard about something" Liam teases as they load the dishwasher. Zayn bites his lip as he thinks before he turns to face his fiancé "when we get married who's taking who's last name? And when you adopt Bella will she become a Payne? And what about the new baby, will he be a Payne or a Malik?" Zayn asks quickly. Liam chuckles lightly, stopping when Zayn glares at him, "woah, woah, first of all, no one has to take anyone's name when we get married if you don't want to" Liam soothes. Zayn frowns, "it's not that I don't want to, just Zayn Payne sounds really stupid" he mumbles and Liam full out laughs this time. "It doesn't sound stupid, but if you want to stay a Malik, that's fine. I figured Bella would stay a Malik" Liam explains, carefully, "and what about Baby?" Zayn asks slowly. Liam shrugs, "she could be a Malik too" he answers, "honestly Zayn, the kids can all have your last name, I'll know they're half mine so it really doesn't matter to me" he adds. Zayn frowns, "it's not that it matters to me either Li, it's more we need to decide all this stuff" he mumbles and Liam nods "I know that, babe. Trust me I know, and maybe I'll become a Malik too" he murmurs, but Zayn laughs shaking his head, "Liam Malik, head of Payne industries?" he asks skeptically. Liam nods, "I like the way that sounds, so it's decided everyone will be a Malik" he murmurs and Zayn's about to protest but Liam's kissing him deeply, pressing his back against the counter as he does and the words die on his lips.