Chapter Seventy Eight

Start from the beginning

When they arrive Zayn is still cleaning up from dinner, "Zayn, we have a question for you" Liam says, capturing Zayn's attention, who turns to face them, arching an eyebrow, "alright" he answers slowly. "Well miss Bella here, thinks you're angry" Liam explains, while Bella hides her face from Zayn in his shoulder. Zayn's eyebrows furrow before he crosses the room and pulls Bella into his own arms, "baby girl, I'm not mad, I was never mad I just want you to eat your dinner, that's all" he coos. Liam watches as Bella peeks up at Zayn "promise?" she squeaks and Zayn nods, before resting his forehead on hers "I swear" he murmurs, pulling away to kiss her cheek gently. Liam smiles at the pair before Bella is clambering down from Zayn's arms and crashing into his knees, "what's up?" Liam chuckles and Bella grins "come Daddy" she insists pulling on his hand, Liam looks at Zayn confused, and Zayn smirks at him "she made you something today with my mum" he explains. Liam nods and allows himself to be pulled into the living room where Bella stops and faces him, "close eyes Daddy" she instructs and Liam complies, "now open" Bella exclaims and when Liam does Bella is standing there holding a piece of paper. On it there's four messily drawn blobs that are obviously people and one that can only be Aurora, "is that us?" Liam asks and Bella nods, "and that baby brother" she explains, pointing to the fourth and smallest blob. Liam smiles widely and pulls Bella into a hug, "thank you Princess, I love it!" he exclaims and Bella giggles pressing a sloppy kiss to his cheek.

Liam's awake, it's two in the morning and Liam hasn't been able to fall asleep yet, he just keeps thinking about everything he and Niall were talking about, and how he's going to keep everyone safe. Zayn is completely asleep next to him and Liam's glad for it, glad that the younger is getting some sleep he knows everything with Sadie has been weighing heavily on Zayn's mind too. Groaning Liam pushes himself into a sitting position and reaches for his phone, he quickly pulls up his email and sends Niall a quick one telling him to call his guy and they'd talk more once it's actually daylight. Just as Liam sets his phone back down Zayn groans beside him and blinks his eyes open "Li?" he asks voice heavy with sleep, "I'm sorry Zayn I didn't mean to wake you up" Liam hums, reaching over to card a hand through Zayn's hair. "It's fine, Li. But why are you awake?" Zayn asks beginning to sound more awake, "just can't sleep is all" Liam shrugs. Zayn pouts in the darkness and Liam chuckles lightly, "I'll be fine, you can go back to sleep"Liam hums, Zayn sighs, shaking his head "no I'll stay up with you, what's on your mind?" he asks. Liam frowns as Zayn reaches to turn on the lamp, because of course Zayn would recognize that Liam's stressed out.

The room is silent as Liam thinks about everything, and he makes a decision to tell Zayn everything. "Okay, well Niall suggested we hire a private detective to follow Sadie and figure out her plans so we can put a stop to it all" Liam explains. Zayn nods slowly, reaching over to tangle their fingers together, "and let me guess, you told him yes?" Zayn asks slowly. Liam sighs nodding his head, without meeting Zayn's eyes. Zayn sighs this time, but doesn't say anything, and Liam needs him to, needs to know how Zayn feels about this. "Zayn?" he asks slowly, Zayn looks over at Liam and smiles tiredly, "I get it Li. You want to do something before someone gets hurt. I'm not like, super excited about it, but I do understand. Just please promise me one thing?" Zayn asks. Liam furrows his eyebrows and looks over at Zayn "anything" he murmurs, "promise me, you won't get involved. You let Niall's guy handle it, and we get the authorities involved if necessary, but you don't do any of the dirty work yourself" Zayn insists and Liam can hear the pleading tone to his voice. Liam leans over to kiss Zayn gently, "I promise Zayn" he murmurs before kissing Zayn again. Zayn pulls away first, and yawns making Liam chuckle "I'm sorry Zee, I'm keeping you up, let's get some sleep yeah?" he murmurs. Zayn nods, turning off the lamp and laying back down, Liam curls into him a moment later, "I love you Zayn" he mumbles, "I love you too" Zayn murmurs, before his breathing evens out and Liam knows he's asleep again.

Liam doesn't want to get up, he doesn't want to even open his eyes, he knows it's because he's only gotten a few hours of sleep, but it doesn't change that he doesn't want to get up. Someone is jumping on the bed, beside his head, and he knows it's Bella, and she wants him awake, especially after she's had a full night's sleep, but he hasn't and doesn't want to. "Daddy" Bella sings, and he can tell by the bounce she's dropped onto her bum beside him, "Daddy, wake up" she insists, poking his cheek. Liam groans, but doesn't open his eyes he refuses to give in and wake up "Daddy" Bella whines and Liam can hear the pout. He's about to give in, give up on sleep and open his eyes when he hears footsteps, "Arabella, I told you to leave Daddy alone. He didn't sleep well last night" Zayn says sternly, "but Baba" Bella whines, "no buts Boo. Daddy always lets you rest, when you're tired, now you need to let Daddy rest" Zayn explains. There's a shift in the weight beside his head that lets Liam know Bella's gotten off the bed, "c'mon your breakfast is ready, I'll be there in a minute" Zayn says, before Liam hears footsteps run out of the room.

Liam blinks his eyes open again and realizes he's alone in bed, and he can't hear any noise to indicate where Bella and Zayn are. Confused Liam climbs out of bed, to see that it's after eleven, "shit" he mumbles, pulling on a pair of sweatpants, he's missing Bella's gymnastics and he feels terrible, he also feels bad about this morning when she was trying to get him up. Liam makes his way to the kitchen and finds Zayn sitting at the table, marking some papers. He's got his hair floppy and his glasses on, he looks so adorably soft that Liam can't help but coo, "morning" Liam hums as he pours himself some coffee, "but how are you here, doesn't Bella have gymnastics?" he adds. Zayn chuckles, and puts down the pen he was using to mark, "morning. And she does, but my sisters took her. I figured that way you could sleep in a little. I know how tired you are" he explains. Liam pouts, "I'm sorry about this morning by the way, I should have woken up for her" he murmurs, dropping into Zayn's lap, but Zayn shakes his head, "Li it was six AM. I told Bella not to wake you up you needed to sleep" he explains, arms wrapping around Liam's waist. Liam hums and sips his coffee, "thank you" he mumbles Zayn just nods and Liam feels him rest his forehead against his back. "When is Bella coming back?" Liam asks and Zayn shrugs, "Waliyha told me she wanted to take her for lunch after so not for a little longer, why?" he asks. Liam just shrugs and leans more into Zayn "just wondering" he mumbles as he enjoys being in this moment with his fiancé.

____________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: I"m sorry this took forever and I really have no excuse...except writer's block hit me hard
But here's some chapters for you
Let me know what you think I love comments, 
anyways Until next time 
xoxo