:Final Note:

Dear readers,

Due to the huge time gap between the last posted chapter and now, as well as lost notes and a dwindling motivation to continue this for other reasons - I think it's best to just cut off here.

It's been almost about 2 years since Ch.12 was posted. And while I have tried multiple times to resurrect this story and ABBS2, it's quite pointless now to continue to do so.  Several reasons besides the ones stated above: 

* spoilers?

• after all this time, I have looked at the remaining notes for this story, and it's not pretty.

    -several have pointed out that it's not really Ziall, and you are right. It's taken a while to realize that, but it's true. There's no happy Ziall ending. Or any happing ending for any of them.

    -it was going in a very cruel/borderline abusive direction - one that I don't think I am capable of writing at the moment. Seriously, Zayn holds Niall's brother hostage as a way for him to whisk poor Nialler away to god knows where. Among other things. And yeah, nope. Not today.

• My writing style has changed a bit, and having to change the past chapters so there's no 'big' difference is quite a pain to do. Even then, motivation is still low for this.

So, in light of that, I'm officially putting an end to this fic here. While I do apologize for such a long wait before doing this, it's better now than fifty years from now and to keep you all hoping for a new update.

If you'd like to continue this yourself, that's fine with me (credit would be a good thing, thank you lol ).  It is a bit emotional to do this, as I hold ideas and stories close to my chest, but it's probably for the best.

So, yes. No more updates and this will be marked as completed. Thank you for reading all this time, so much love to you all and your patience. Thank you.

As a final 'update' and cliffy, here is the small chapter 13 that was never finished from 2017. Enjoy.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

.: Chapter Thirteen: Spaces Between Us:.

"Are you sure everything's fine?"

Struggling to tear my eyes off the face before me, I can't stop my voice from shaking when I reply back, "yeah, really, it's all cool."

"You don't sound like it. We're coming in." Harry's stern voice breaks me from my reverie, as I try to stop them from opening the door. However, my words are ignored and thrown to the side, as Harry's the first one to enter.

His attention is immediately drawn to the one pressing me to the wall, his mouth turning down in confusion and anger? I can't be sure as Louis steps right in behind his brother, his expression all but happy, lips drawn into a tight line, and hands seeking out Harry. "Who's your friend, Niall?"

Louis says my name in such disappointment, it makes me cringe inwardly, resigning myself to the fact that at this moment, he's not going to make things easy for me.

"Well?"

Steeling myself, I open my mouth to answer but am beaten to it.

"I'm Zayn, hasn't Niall told you about me?"

It feels like the air has been knocked out of me. Saying his name makes everything real. No longer allowing me to lie to myself, and pretend that it's Liam.

"No. No, he hasn't, actually, he doesn't tell us much these days."

And yet, Louis reply hurts the most.

"Oh?" Zayn's eyes seek mine out, searching for something that only he knows to look for, and smiling when it seems he's found it, "I don't see why he wouldn't. Sure he doesn't have all the pieces, but he should know enough to connect shit together and inform you of what he knows. Of course," he lifts one hand and strokes my cheek smiling at my shiver, "memory suppression does wonders for one's ability to remember past events."

Harry takes a step forward, his figure all but a blur in my sight, as all my attention is on Zayn. If I was afraid before, I can't be sure, having him so near is doing something to my brain, relaxing my body against my will and leaving it pliant beneath his. "I don't-"