Chapter 14: Of Course

No one had a clue about how much it truly hurt Ron to see Catriona and Draco snuggled together 24/7. He himself had no idea why it hurt him; it just did. He couldn't stand it. He wanted someone to hold, to kiss, to nap with. That someone was Cat. He couldn't really control himself. At times he'd lash out at Draco in the empty halls, for no reason. He'd just scream in rage because he felt it was the only way to get out his jealousy and anger. One night, after one of the many yells, Draco snuggled up to Cat in the Hufflepuff dormitories.

"You know that Weasley boy?" he asked Catriona, as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Yes," came her sweet, muffled voice, "Why?"

"He keeps screaming at me.. no words.. just fits of rage really," Draco said, and felt Catriona's muscles stiffen, "You wouldn't know why though, would you?"

"No," she said, "He's probably just being a moron, as usual." 

"Probably right," Draco replied, smiling when he heard Catriona's little giggle, "Well, it's quite late... I should probably go start on that Potions essay Snape set. Goodnight."

"Do you have to go?" Catriona said, nestling her head in his chest.

"Yes. Zabini and Goyle will be waiting for me," Draco said, a sad smile on his face.

"And Crabbe...?" 

"He'll probably be pigging out in the kitchen. I can hear him from here," Draco said, and they both started laughing, filling up the room.

"Alright then," Cat said, accepting the fact that he had to go, "See you in the morning then."

"Bye," Draco got up and left the dorm, passing the kitchen as he heard Crabbe chewing cakes and other baked goods, and finally he was in the dungeons. Draco was about to enter the passage, when an eery voice came.

"Draco," came the voice, "Why do you always show up so late?"

Draco, of course, knew this voice too well, like all other Slytherins.

"Bloody Baron," Draco nodded stiffly, "How are you this evening?"

"I'm fine, thank you," a maniacal glint in his eyes, "Now, cut to the chase. Why is it that you always show up so late?"

"You should know!" Draco said, his temper boiling, "You're a bloody ghost! You can go into any part of the castle, spy on anyone without being seen. If you wanna know something, go find out yourself."

And with those words, Draco gave the password and entered the room, where not 2, but 3 people were waiting. Blaise Zabini... Gregory Goyle and... Pansy Parkinson?

"Parkinson?" Draco squinted, trying to make sense of what was going on.

"Malfoy," nodded Pansy in a greeting way.

"Why aren't you in bed?" he asked. Draco and Pansy hadn't spoken in over 2 years, ever since that incident on the train.

"Is it illegal for me to stand in my own common room?" she spat at him, and turned her back.

"What did I do?!" Draco asked, looking at her, then Blaise, the Goyle. Both boys merely shrugged.

"You've been hanging around with that Hufflepuff forever!" yelled Pansy, "When is it you'll remember who your true friends are?!"

"True friends?" Draco laughed, though there was no humour in his voice, "A true friend, as you so nicely put it, doesn't try to KILL their best friend's friend, as you should so clearly remember!"

"SHUT. UP. RIGHT NOW." Pansy said, in a low, menacing tone.

"And who's going to make me?" Draco yelled, and stomped to his dormitory, slamming it shut, and flopping on the bed.

"Who's she to tell me who my best friends are?" he mumbled to himself as he got dressed for bed, forgetting all about his Potions essay which was due tomorrow.

Meanwhile in the Gryffindor Common Room

"Hey, Harry?" Ron whispered into the darkness of the fourth year dormitory. He wasn't able to sleep, partly because Neville, Seamus and Dean snored like old men with nasal problems.

"HARRY?!" Ron whispered, though a bit louder.

"MH- WHAT?" Harry shot out of his bed, clutching his scar.

"Are you OK?" Ron asked, looking worriedly at his best friend, who looked extremely frantic.

"Uh.. yeah.. I'm fine," Harry replied, "Did you want something?"

"Uhm.. no, it's alright," Ron said, "You should get some sleep... First task is tomorrow.." 

"Yeah... right," Harry said, "G'night Ron."

"'night Harry," Ron replied, "Sleep well."

Harry fell asleep quickly, but Ronald was up all night, his mind conjuring endless thoughts of Catriona Goldstein and Draco Malfoy, cuddling, kissing, doing other things...