Chapter 9: Making Up

(DRACO)

What on earth has gotten into Cat? I mean, she didn't show up to our meeting place, and when I asked her why, she just told me she was busy and walked off with Cedric. Goyle reckons she heard about what happened in Flying. She can't be mad at that! There she is now!

"CAT!" I call after her, "CAT! CAT! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU! CAT!"

She doesn't even look back. Great, just GREAT! Tears start welling up in my eyes as I watch her leave the Great Hall with Cedric. Where to go?! I know, the Prefects washroom. I run quickly, shoving everyone, keeping my head low. Almost there... I see the door! I walk slowly to the door, checking to see if anyone's in there.

"H-hello?" I say, and someone walks in front of me. Weasley.

"What are you doing here?" he says. His hair's all bushy and curly, unlike anyone else's.

"W-well, there are some kids in the Great Hall," I reply quickly, "Unsupervised! Dumbledore asked me to come and get you on my way to my dormitory!"

"I see," Weasley said, "Alright, fine. Bye now."

And with that, he puffed out his chest and made his way to the Great Hall. What an idiot, I think to myself. The washroom's all empty-I hear footsteps. I run behind the door, and watch for anyone...Oh, it's Cat a-and CEDRIC DIGGORY again?! I run into the washroom quickly, and watch them walk past me, laughing together. Tears start stinging my eyes, and I walk over into an empty stall, and start crying my eyes out.

(CATRIONA)

I haven't talked to Draco for weeks, and it's been a bit lonely. I have, however, been meeting up with Ron sometimes in secret, and Cedric and I have become best friends. Father came to visit me a while ago, and it wasn't that fun, I assure you. It was so boring, I was ready to kick him out any second! Anyways, it's almost Halloween! But it's been really hard for me to focus, because everytime I see Draco, he looks like he's been crying his eyes out, which makes me feel like giving him a hug. There he is now! His eyes are all red and swollen...

"DRACO!" I yell, and he instantly looks up at me, "DRACO! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!"

I start running towards him, and he just stays where he is.

"What? Come to rub something in my face?" Draco asks me rudely.

"What's gotten into you?" I yell at him.

"Me? What's gotten into me?! WHAT'S GOTTEN INTO YOU?!" he said, tears now streaming down his face. That makes me realize that tears are streaming down my face too, and that my cheeks are burning hot.

"I'm not the one who wrote rude notes to Potter and Weasley on the first day of school, Draco!" I tell him. Draco's face drops, and he starts staring at his shoes. It's quiet for a little bit, until he looks up and starts talking.

"That wasn't for you to see, and why do you even care about them?" he asks me. I can't say I'm friends with Ron, but I can't say I don't care...

"I want to know why you're being so rude!" 

"Because-it's complicated...and-well-there's this-and I don't know!" Draco replies, and gets down on his knees and starts sobbing. What now?! BOYS.

"Draco, s-stop crying!" I say, feeling like I'm going to cry soon, "Draco! Stop it! P-people are sta-staring! D-Draco! Please stop!"

Soon enough, I'm sitting next to Draco, both of us are crying. People pass by us and stare, but I don't care. I just want my old friend back. It's been twenty minutes we've been sitting here, and do I dare look up? Or should I let him speak first? No need to wait.

"I-I'm sorry," comes Draco's voice in a whisper, and I can feel his gaze upon me, "I don't know what I was thinking. I mean, at first, it was just Goyle who got the idea, then Crabbe joined in, and I didn't know what was happening! I was under pressure! I mean, they expect me to do everything for them!"

"Don't worry Draco," I shush him, "Just..just tell them no. It's not that hard, really. I'm sure they have their own brains."

"That's the problem!" Draco said, "They HAVE brains, but they won't use them! Do you know how hard that it?"

"Draco..." I start slowly, "Why do you even hang around them?"

"No one else wants to be my friend!" he barks, "They all think I'm a monster! And I am!"

(DRACO)

I must sound like an idiot to her, really. I don't even know why she's still here, putting up with me.

"Draco, you aren't a monster," replies Catriona, "You're just really rude at times. If you just fixed that, I'm sure people would love to be friends with you."

"But I'm in Slytherin," I tell her, "I'd be a joke if I was nice!"

"Well, maybe to your hous-"

"And my parents and my entire family line!" I interrupt her.

"I guess you have no choice then..." she says, "You'll have to be rude. Just try and put up with it. Only seven more years to go."

"Yeah, seven years," I say, and I get up, and we both say good bye and walk to our dormitories.

***

Sorry it's so short! But it's finally done!!!!!! Sorry I was such a lazy bum before <3 ! Hope you liked it.