Chapter 10

HEY GUYS THIS CHAPTER WAS CHALLENGING TO WRITE.. HOPE YOU FIND IT INTERESTING THOUGH. HAD TO THINK THROUGH IT FOR SOME TIME :)

***************************************************************************************************************

Fliss P.O.V.

I played games on my phone till midnight, since I had nothing to do. Then as I decided to leave the room to take a tour round the house...

Bzzt. I took my phone out of my pocket . Hmmm... Message from that old man again.

Brace yourself.

Two words. I went from calm to a panicky state, as I stared at the message.  OMG if there was a problem he could have just told me right? Stupid old fart. Right then I saw a video pop up on my phone screen. Virus? Hmm.. A girl was holding hands with a guy, strolling down a beach while watching a beautiful sunset. Every now and then, she tips her toes to kiss the guy's cheek. Then he would smile and hug her back. This guy, well I think he looked okay, he had tanned skin and brown hair, with mesmerizing light brown eyes. Seriously, not mesmerizing, or should I say hypnotizing. Wasn't my type but, hmm, still passable. As I was thinking of restarting my phone to get rid of this virus (who knows it might work), I realised the girl in the video was Joey. She was super happy there and I could literally feel it. What was she doing in here?

Bzzt. Mr Old Man sent me another message.

Reminder to Fecility

What you saw was the client's dreams. Do your best to protect it.

And please do not call me names again.

Yours, 

Sir James.

The pop-up message closed, and the "video" resumed. That guy must be Aaron then. Before I had time to roll my eyes, there was a loud thunder, coming from somewhere off the coast. Waves battered the coast violently, thunder rumbled, and jagged bolts of lightning parted the sky in two. Strong wind rustled coconut tree laves, occasionally blowing hair into Joey's face, but she still remained calm. They chatted as they strolled leisurely, unaware of the incoming danger.  I watched in horror as the waves grew higher and higher, while the couple held hands and had decided to have a picnic on the beach.

I was terrified. OMG WTH DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? CAN'T YOU SEE THE SUPER HIGH WAVES THEIR GONNA SWALLOW YOU AND YOUR STUPID BOYFRIEND I screamed in my head. 

Bzzt.

Felicity I am very sure I gave you orders to protect your client in her dreams. NOW DO SO!

Sir James

Ok. Now what am I to do? My brain went into "Random Emergency Ideas Mode". I reached into my pockets frantically and pulled out the pouch. Grabbing a fistfull out that weird golden powder, I sprinkled (I think a better word would be poured) them on sleeping Joey. Think, Felicity, Think!! I just tried to, erm, talk to her in my mind. It went like this.

ERMYGAWD JOEY GET AWAY WAVES GONNA SWALLOW YOU IF YOU DONT!! RUN AWAY WITH YOUR STUPID BOYFRIEND! STOP KISSING!! RUN!!

Somehow, she got the idea. as first, she was startled and looked around, looking for the person who, ahem, screamed into her mind. Then she open her eyes wide and gulped as she looked at the gigantic wave that was about to swallow her up.

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! She screamed as she dragged her startled boyfriend away from the wave. He looked dazed, and half staggered- half ran, still holding hands with Joey. Uh-oh. They were obviously not gonna out-run that wave. I looked away from the screen and realised there were still leftover fairy dust floating around sleeping Joey. If I had talked to Joey through my thoughts, maybe I could.....

I closed my eyes and imagined a sphere around Joey and Aaron. WATERPROOF. WATERPROOF. WATERPROOF. I tried to think of as many waterproof things as possible, raincoats, umbrellas. I open my eyes, just to see that exact moment. The gigantic wave pounced on the couple like a cat on a mouse. I caught a glimpse of Aaron hugging Joey as they both bent down to brace for impact. 

OH NO. WHY. Bits of rubbish and random stuff floated around for a while, and after a second, the wave receded. I searched the screen desperately for the couple. Then I saw them there, squatting on the sand, huddling each other. A transparent sphere protected them. They slowly opened their eyes and realised they were completely dry. Not a single drop. I smiled in relief. I then snapped my fingers and the sphere disappeared (HAH IN YO FACE, OLD FART. I CAN SNAP MY FINGERS AND MAKE THINGS DISAPPEAR TOO).

Just then I found myself in Starbucks (FaeRee branch), with Zoe and Emily and the rest. 

"Er, why am I here?" Oh why did I ask such a stupid question.

"Well duhh the nightmare has passed and you can hangout and stuff here for an hour. Keep an eye on your phone though. You'll never know if another nightmare comes to your client. An hour later you'll find yourself there." Elmo shrugged her shoulders.

"Erm, okay. I checked my phone. Wow, that girl is dreaming about going out with that guy again. Guess she never stops thinking about him.

"You want a drink? I'll go get one for you."

"Sure. A hot chocolate will do."

END OF CHAPTER. THAT DREAM STUFF WAS CHALLENGING. I AM QUITE PLEASED WITH IT THOUGH :3

NEXT CHAPTER COMING!! :D