Chapter 5- The Justice Court

The next morning after having a great breakfast of coral cakes and fairy cupcakes, all of them, including the two angels left for the Justice Court. "It's right there, on the highest peak of FaeRee, Mount. Justice. The building is divided into two, one named The Dark Side and the other called The Bright Side. Usually this is the first phase for the judge to decide who is good and who is bad, and have an idea on how to judge a trial." Rissa pointed at a magnificent snowy peak not far away.

"But criminals can walk in through The Bright Side and fool the judge.. They wouldn't know, would they?" Shawn asked.

"Don't underestimate the High Court." Rissa narrowed her eyes at Shawn. Everyone in FaeRee respected the elected High Judge, and trusted him. " Long long time ago on 200 B.J.C. ( before justice court), FaeRee was not a very peaceful place to stay. There were criminals everywhere. Highwaymen robbed travellers. Skypirates dominated like, the whole place. Little anglets ran the risk of being kidnapped wherever they went. Everyone lived in fear their whole lives. In the ancient days there were also very, very powerful witches. They lived in mansions built hidden somewhere where nobody finds them, practicing deep magic, some dark, some not. A witch called Eleanora (then she whispered ' May she live forever' to show respect) was surveying the city once from her crystal ball. She was a kind witch so when she saw all those crimes she was fustrated and upset. Then she gathered all the Good witches and formed a plan. Eleanora (may she live forever) led them to the top of a mountain and built a building there, to punish the evil and release the innocent. Then, they surrounded a magical web around the builing, which can tell good and evil apart."

"So that magic lasted till now?"

"Till now. Eleanora (may she live forever)  is now known as Lady Justice. See that bronze statue in front of the Court? That's her. We built a statue to honor her great deeds. That blinfold on her eyes means that justice is blind,  in that justice is or should be meted out objectively, without fear or favour, regardless of identity, money, power, or weakness. See the scales on her right hand? She measures the strengths of a case's support and opposition with that. Last but not least, the double-edged sword on her left hand, symbolizing the power of Reason and Justice, which may be wielded either for or against any party."

"This Eleanora is awesome!" 

"Say 'May she live forever' after that!" FaeRee residents honour her deeply.

"First, she can't live forever. Second, I don't live here, so yeah."

By now Rissa was fuming. " How dare you!"

"Calm down. He just wants to annoy you." Zoe quickly seperated them.

Riss glared at Shawn, but he just pulled a face at her. Rissa huffed.

"Okay guys, we've reached our destination! It's only my second time here, I'm so excited!!" Elmo desperately tried to calm the tense atmosphere between them. 

"Nice try, El." Rissa turned her head away. Everyone shrugged. Well they just had to let her have some time to calm down.

The Justice Court was very grand, with its walls carved with pictures of good deeds such as a woman giving a beggar food, a teenager carrying his sick mother home and many more. On the other side was carved with evil and gruesome images of skypirates robbing a traveller, a villainious man trying to steal jewelery from a goldsmith, and many more images that the young teenagers dare not look at. 

"Okay, this is it. I assume all of you are fit to go into The Bright Side, okay?" Just then Elmo and Rissa casted worried glances on Fliss. Emily noticed it but shook it off, thinking that it was just her imagination. 

Everyone went in one by one, all nervous. Zoe went in first, her legs almost giving out underneath her, then followed by Shawn and Jorge, who kept quiet, then Elmo and Rissa. Then there was only Fliss left. 

"Okay Sis, your turn now." Emily called to Fliss from inside. Fliss took a step forward.

"Ow!"Fliss' head had hit on a layer of something. The entrance had sealed itself, forming a layer of magic glass between Fliss and the others. Then, the entrance on the Dark Side glowed, as if telling her that she went to the wrong door. 

"Wait.. My sis here doesn't do anything bad! How...? Why...?" Emily was begining to panic a little. 

"Nevermind Emily. I deserve to go there." Fliss' hands were trembling, but her expression was determined. Then she sighed.

"Emily, there are obviously many things you do not know about your sister." Elmo shook her head in dissapointment.

"What???"

"Yeah. She kinda deserves to go there." Rissa whispered to herself.

WHY? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER :) LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS ON THE STORY BELOW. :D 

My Angelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें