Chapter 20

The kiss lasted was seemed years, but they enjoyed it

The kiss lasted was seemed years, but they enjoyed it. That kiss meant so much to them. It expressed the fear, the pain they had gone through, all the tears, all the laughs... but mostly, love. When they separated, they looked each other in the eyes. They didn't say anything. No words needed. They just knew they had found the place where they belonged to. 

And, suddenly, Hannah laughed. She laughed with tears of joy rolling down her cheeks.

"Why are you laughing?" Asked Gerard, smiling, his full attention on her.

"I don't know." She shrugged and just smiled.

"Well, I'm glad you're happy." He stroke her cheek.

They stared at each other for a while, and they shared a couple of kisses before walking their way back to the workshop, leaving small pools of water as they came in. There was no sign of Alison, so she must have left while they were out. Gerard was happy with that, because in that moment he wanted to be alone with Hannah. He didn't want anyone to disturb them.

He gave Hannah a clean towel and then got one for himself. And they just sat there, on the floor next to the old heater Gerard had found in the back of the workshop. And they talked, and kissed, and dreamed about the life they could have, they talked about their plans for the future, about everything they would leave behind. And they studied each other bodies, slowly, taking their time. They had all the time in the world that night, and they knew it.

~»~

Gerard woke up in bed, wondering if it all had been a dream. But when he saw Hannah next to him, he knew it all was real. It had happened. He smiled and covered his face with his hand, trying not to scream of joy. He lay in bed next to her, hugging her, trying to fall back asleep so it would last forever. Hannah woke up half an hour later, frowning at first, not knowing where she was. Then she saw Gerard there, staring at her, and smiled.

"Good morning." She said as she leaned forward and kissed him.

"Good doesn't even describe how I'm feeling right now." He replied as he kissed her again, making her come closer.

"Easy tiger, we have all the time in the world." She ran her fingers through his hair.

"We should probably take a shower... and wash our clothes." Hannah looked at her wrinkly clothes and sighed.

"We probably should. Yep." Gerard replied.

Hannah raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, come on! I just want to stay here with you, like, forever. We don't need clothes." He pouted.

"I still gotta go back to the tower, you know. I can't just leave without saying a word. Plus, all my things are there." She lay back and rested her head on his chest, half hugging him.
Gerard kissed the top of her head and sighed.