Chapter 18

GERARD'S P.O.V.

"Alison."

"Long time no see, uh?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you too, Gerard."

Gerard looked around. One of the reasons of him being there was because of her. Why would she expect him to be excited to see her?

"I know you don't want me here, but you know what day it is. I have the right to be here, my friend. For Mikey."

"Really? Is that why you are here? After all this years? What is different now, Alison?"

"Even if you don't believe me, and I know you don't, I've changed. And part of that change is to apologize. I owe you and your brother an apology."

Was she saying the truth? And, in case she was, should he trust her?

"If you get Mikey to tell you that he forgives you, I will." Gerard spat.

"You haven't change in all these years, Gee."

HANNAH'S/GERARD'S P.O.V.

Hannah woke up in the middle of the night. She looked around. All those years living in the same house with her sister made her feel alone in that place. She wished she could be with her sister in that moment, telling each other stories like they used to do when they were young.

Hannah stood up and looked outside the window and down to the floor. She thought about jumping... but it was too high. Maybe with a rope? But she didn't have one. Then she came closer to the bedroom door and looked outside. There was no one in the corridor. Hannah closed the door again and quickly changed her clothes. Her old clothes felt so good. She opened the door again carefully and stepped outside. Instead of going down to the main door, she decided she would use a back door she had discovered one day. It was locked, but she had experience with locks.

The rain welcomed her outside. She put up her hood and ran. Her house was further than she remembered. There were barely any light in the street apart from those of the houses.

But there was no one at home. She looked around. Jamia was probably with Frank. Well, it was safer after all. But Hannah wished her sister was there. She would have knocked on the door and surprised her.

In the way back she wondered if Gerard was still awake. Hannah wanted to see her robot, and Gerard and her had still to talk after what had happened. She doubted but finally crossed the road that lead to his workshop. The back lights were on. Hannah knocked on the door, but there was no answer. She knocked again and waited. Maybe he was already sleeping. She turned around and tried to see the way back to the tower. It was raining heavily and she could barely see a meter away from her. But the door opened behind her.

"What the hell?"

She turned around.