Chapter 3

HANNAH

There wasn't much to do in Belleville, at least that was what Hannah thought. They sat down under a tree, or what was left of it.

Jamia was still shooting questions to her sister about why she didn't want to be a model.

– Jamia, I don't like that world, I've never liked it and never will. And also if I were a model I'd have to leave Cyprus – Hannah finally answered her sister's questions in one reply.

– Always talking about Cyprus, it's not a person, when will you see it? – Jamia said rolling her eyes.

Her sister looked at her with her mouth opened.

– I know he isn't a person, but sometimes I prefer his company. At least he never hurts me – Hannah replied to Jamia taking off her sunglasses.

The girl narrowed her eyes at her sister, but was interrupted when she was going to speak.

– Uh-uh, hey – a black and blond haired boy murmured.

They both looked up at him and Jamia's serious expression turned into a sweet smile.

Frank smiled too. He had finally found her and at least he needed to know her name.

Hannah looked at each other and then she laid her eyes on a little robot that was next to the guy.

– Isn't you cute – She cooed as the cat purred under her touch.

– Finally someone that likes it – Frank said noticing for the first time Hannah.

As him and Jamia started talking, Hannah continued petting the robot cat until she decided she'd continue looking for a mechanic. She couldn't leave Cyprus in that state.

– It's been nice meeting you Frank, but I have to go, I need to find a mechanic soon – she stood up as she talked, her blue eyes landing on the boy that was sat down next to her sister.

Frank frowned for a moment but then an idea came to his mind. Gerard needed clients, and that girl needed a mechanic...It wasn't necessary to be a genius to see the connection.

But first he wanted to talk to Gerard and that was the problem after all.

GERARD

The brown haired boy lay in bed facing the ceiling. He lived in the workshop, in a little room that was in the back of the building.

As he lay there, he thought about everything and nothing at the same time. Why? Why did he have to accept the company of bad influences when he was young? If only his brother was there...

His little brother, Mikey, died in the war. He was only fifteen...The worst thing was that Gerard blamed himself for not saving Mikey. If only he'd been a little closer...

He turned around in bed, sighing.

<<Better sleep Gerard>> He thought as he closed his eyes and covered himself with the blanket.

~»~

Loud noises woke Gerard up. He stood up lazily. What the hell happened outside? He walked to the front door of the workshop and unlocked it, opening it to reveal a smiling Frank.

– Good morning Gee, I've got some news – he came in, his little robot following his steps.

– Frank, I was sleeping – Gerard groaned as he went to the couch where his friend was already sat on.

Frank frowned for a moment, then tilted his head.

– You know it's almost afternoon – Frank petted his cat ignoring Gerard's sleepy face.