Chapter 16

HANNAH

Hannah ran as fast as she could, her high heels clicking on the dusted road. She struggled to put on her jumper as she ran. She could have stopped to do it properly, but she feared that if she did, she wouldn't arrive on time.

And finally, there it was, the stadium.

Hannah looked for her VIP pass on her bag. Her shaky hands didn't help. Why was she nervous? She had been there a million times before. She was trying to calm down, concentrating in the sound of her high heels.

Click, click, click.

Hannah could feel the rate of her heartbeat increasing as she came closer to the stadium gates. And once she was there and she showed the bouncer her pass, she was able to get in. She ran as if her life depended on it.

She crossed two corridors directing herself by the sound of the crowd. Finally she decided to ask someone where to go, but there was no one to ask to. That was until she saw a well-known red and black haired man.

“Frank!” she screamed with joy as she ran to him.

“Oh hey!” he replied as he stopped and waited for her to come closer with his infamous grin decorating his face.

“Did I make it on time?” she asked while trying to catch her breath.

“Yeah, the 3rd round is going to start in a couple of minutes, but let's go or it will be over before we get there” he said and motioned for her to follow him.

GERARD'S P.O.V

«What to do? what to do? what to do?» that was all that ran through Gerard's mind in the couple of minutes left before the 3rd round started.

He had told Frank. Frank always knew what to do. He always came up with a plan, didn't he? Gerard hoped so.

Gerard desperately looked for Frank, but he was nowhere to be found and he had no time left. He had to go outside and fight. And he knew he had to lose. He couldn't just let her die. He wouldn't be able to let anyone die, not for a stupid fight.

And most important, he couldn't lose her. Hannah was so different from everybody else. He knew she understood him. He knew he could talk to her and that she would listen. Gerard had already lost his brother.

«Oh, Mikey. I wish you where here» he thought to himself. He hoped Mikey knew how much he loved him. Gerard regretted every stupid fight he had had with his brother in the past. He regretted not having told him that he loved him before he had left.

«Wish me luck, bro» he whispered as he sat down and took the remote control.

FRANK'S/HANNAH'S P.O.V.

Frank knew he had to keep Hannah safe. But where to go? That place could be full of Deadmau5's personal staff. So he kept walking, taking random turns in hopes that everything would be over before anything bad could happen.

“Frank, are we lost?” Hannah asked.

The man sighed and turned around, covering his worry with a smile.

“Maybe...” he replied.

Hannah frowned.

“Why don't we go back to the entrance and move from there? There should be a sign somewhere” the girl started looking around, but saw nothing.

They stood there for a while, trying to decide where to go. Then Hannah chose the left corridor and Frank followed her. After five minutes walking, they started hearing the roar of the crowd. They were closer. That worried Frank, more if possible.

“There she is!” a man yelled from behind.

Frank and Hannah turned around to face the problem. A couple of men were running in their direction.

“Oh, fuck. Run!” Frank almost yelled and started running after taking Hannah's hand in his.

“What's going on Frank?! Why are we running?!” She couldn't understand the situation.

“I'll explain when there's nobody trying to kidnap us, okay?!” Frank needed to think and having her yelling at him wasn't helping.

«Where to go? Where to go? Where to go?....»He finally got it. They had to leave the stadium. He knew that city like the back of his hand. And he found the 'exit' sign. He was excited, but at the same time he was breathless. But there was no time to stop. They needed to continue running or the only chance of escaping would be gone.

So they ran. When they finally stopped, Frank felt numb. He sat down and breathed, trying to calm down.

“Are you... gonna tell me... what's going on?” Hannah asked, trying to catch her breath.

“Give me a minute” He answered, trying to recover from the long run.

So he told her. Everything that Gerard had told him before. And she couldn't believe it.

“So you are telling me that those men wanted to kill me?” She asked, concern reflected on her face.

“Well... if Gerard won, yes.” He scratched the back of his head.

“Whoa” that's all that came out of her mouth.

After a couple of minutes, she looked around, trying to recognize where they were but failed miserably. So she asked. And Frank told her that that was his favorite place in the city. Well, it wasn't technically part of the city. They were somewhere in the forest that surrounded part of Belleville.

Hannah looked closely and saw flowers that she hadn't seen before because it was already dark. They were beautiful. She focused on them in order to try and forget what had just happened. She could see through the tree branches and leaves the sky. It was beautiful.

“Frank?”

“Yeah?”

“What will happen to Gerard?”

Silence.

He didn't know. His friend had told him to keep her safe and that was what he had done. But he hadn't thought that Gerard could be in trouble.

“Frank?”

“I don't know.”