chapter sixteen

Vanessa's point of view

"Mama!" My kids yelled as I squeezed my eyes shut, holding my head as they ran in. "Are you okay? What happened? Are you hurt?"

"You guys need to lower your voices." Calum told them sternly and they looked at him as they nodded. "Who brought you here?"

"Uncle Cisco." Eli answered, his voice lowered into a hushed whisper. "Where is he?"

"Are you okay?" Dakota asked me and I nodded as she held on to my hand.

"Yeah babygirl, I'm fine. I promise. Mama is fine." I said and Cisco came in, asking me if I was alright. "Yes Cisco, I'm great."

"I can't believe the paparazzi did that." He told me and I shrugged as he looked at Calum. "I can however, believe you and Michael nearly murdered the guy."

"Yeah..." Calum said as he bounced Eli on his lap. "Hey, Cisco, tomorrow's concert, count Vanessa out. She can't do it."

"What Calum-"

"Yeah, I told Andy that." He said and I blinked a couple of times. "Babe you're in a hospital bed and fainted from bright flashing lights. You can't perform. We can either find a quick replacement or we back out. We can't put you on stage." Cisco told me and I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine. I swear-"

"Vanessa Lucinda, you are not going on stage tomorrow." Calum told me sternly and I rolled my eyes.

"I am Cal, and you can't stop me."

"Watch me." He told me and Dakota climbed into the hospital bed. I wrapped my arms around her and she hugged me, resting her head on my stomach.

"I agree with Calum dude, you can't play tonorrow. After that's fine, but tomorrow is too soon to go on stage." Francisco told me and I shook my head.

"You're treating me like a child. I'm fine. It's a little cut. I was a little out of it when it first happened. I'm not dying. I'm alright." I told them and they shook their head.

"No means no Vanessa." They both told me and then pointed at each other as they laughed.

"This is bullshit."

"Watch your language Vanessa." Calum said, his eyes darting between our two kids. "Why are you so irritable right now?"

"Because I'm perfectly okay but you're both treating me as if I have a terminal illness." I said, rubbing Dakota's back, a small yawn escaping her lips. "Are you sleepy princess?"

"Mhm." She said and cuddled me closer. "Guess what!" She said excitedly and I winced slightly at her loud voice.

"Yeah, you're fine." Calum said, scoffed as he rolled his eyes at me.

"What happened baby?"

"We went to Disneyland and this guy said I was the prettiest princess ever-"

"Woah what-"

"Eric from The Little Mermaid." Cisco told Calum and he visibly relaxed as Dakota rambled on about how she wants a prince charming.

"Aunty Ana has a prince charming," I said as I messed with her curly hair. "Ashton is a prince isn't he?"

"Yeah! Aunty Ana is a princess too! She's so pretty!" She said and I laughed as Cisco sat down beside Calum, talking to him about something as Eli played on Cal's phone.

"You're just as pretty as Aunty Ana." I told her and she shook her head. "What do you mean no?"

"Aunty Ana is so pretty mama! Do you see her? No one is that pretty!" She said and I rolled my eyes.