chapter eight

- IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE I'M SO SORRY GUYS -

Vanessa's point of view

"Calum, just because I'm hot and the kids aren't here, doesn't mean you can make out with me in public." I said and he pouted.

"But you look so good right now babe," he said, his fingers slipping under a strap on my top. "Do we gotta go pick up your dress and stuff now?" He asked me.

"Yes Calum." I said ans he whined quietly. "I asked them to have it ready today, I can't just not pick it up." I told him and he sighed, telling me that was true.

"Come on." I said and grabbed his hand, pushing him off of me slightly. "Hands to yourself." I told him and he nodded.

"I'm not promising." He told me and I shook my head as he kissed my cheek. "I'll try though." He said and I thanked him.

"Let's get your dress, a dress for Dakota, and then we can head home." He said and I nodded as he chuckled. "Eli and I have out clothes at home already."

"Sorry for procrastinating so long." I said and he shrugged, telling me that it was okay.

-

"Hi baby girl." I said as I picked Dakota up. "How was school?" I asked and she smiled.

"I took a spelling test today and I got them all right!" She said and I gave her a high-five. "My teacher gave me a sticker, see." She pointed to her cheek and I chuckled.

"I see it." I said and kissed her forehead. "Where's your brother?" I asked and she pointed to Calum. "Eli love, how was school?"

"Stupid." He said and I frowned a bit. "I am stupid."

"Hey, don't say that bubba." Calum said and ran a hand hrough his hair. "You're not stupid, okay? How about you tell us while happened while we go out for ice cream?"

He nodded and I set Dakota down as we went to the car. I got into the driver's side and then buckled my seatbelt. "How about we listen to Daddy's old music?" I asked and Dakota cheered while Calum groaned.

"I'll kill you."

"Oh bite me." I said and he leaned over. "Don't!" I laughed out and he looked at me.

"I will, don't tell me to because I will." He said and laughed himself. "Kids or no kids, I'll still do it."

"Daddy's being nasty guys." I said and the two started scolding him. He sat back down and I turned the radio up.

"I want to breathe you in like you're vapor, I want to be the one you remember." He sang along quietly and I poked his cheek as I drove.

"Squish squish." I said as I pinched it. He laughed and knocked my hand off of his face, doing the same to me. I scrunched my nose up and he laughed as Dakota asked what we were doing. "Nothing babygirl, you didn't see that."

"But I did."

"No you didn't." Calum said and pulled his wallet out, giving her five dollars. "What did you see?"

"Nothing." She said and Eli told us that he saw too. Calum gave him five aswell and I laughed as he smiled.

"You're terrible Calum." I said and he shrugged as he put his wallet away. I pulled into the parking lot of an ice cream parlor and then turned the car off. "Let's go in."

We got out of the car and I winced as I saw the teenage girls inside going crazy. "Always." Calum said and I agreed as I kept the kids close to me.

"Mama can I get cookie dough?" Eli asked and I nodded.

"Just like your mama." Calum said and I laughed. "She loves cookie dough so much. Everything was cookie dough."