chapter eleven

- again these are my own mysic video ideas for my own songs -

- also, maybe one day I'll actually end up recording these songs with someone who can sing and I'll post it, who knows, I just don't know anyone who play's bass or drums (nor have I written the music for drums/bass, just the guitar chords and lyrics) cx -

Vanessa's point of view

"This isn't a good idea." I told him and he shrugged as he stuck my arm out of the window. "I'm serious, what if the kids wake up?"

"Chill out." He told me and grabbed my thigh with one hand. "They'll be fine." He said and I sighed.

"We have to be home before three, I have a music video to shoot for Burn after the IHeartRadio awards. I need the energy." I told him and he said he loved that song. "I do too. Did I ever tell you how we wrote that?"

"No, I don't think so." He said and I laughed as I remember the day. "It's a really nice song lyrically, and although the original is great, when it's stripped down to just the guitar and vocals, it's a lot more beautiful song."

"I wrote it with Keath about some people, well, you and an ex of his. I was referring to our first break up and he was referring to a girl who played him." I told him. "Originally, we messed up while playing an Evanescence song and that's how the instrumental bloomed."

"You don't have much relationship experience." He said and I nodded.

"I know, but the people I'm around do so I pick up from that." I said and he laughed.

"What's the music video going to be about?" He asked me and I hummed.

"It's going to have a bunch of paper hearts made out of fake money and we're going to burn, and rip, them all. Keath is gonna make-out with a girl, who plays the role of a gold digger, and Andy and I have to put loads of lipgloss on. It's gonna be something special." I said and shrugged.

"What about Cisco, what is he doing?"

"He's going to be the one writing the song so the camera will flicker from him with his acoustic guitar and notebook to Keath and the girl, to our mouths dripping with lipgloss." I said and he nodded.

"It's an acoustic one?" He asked excitedly and I nodded. "I think I just came in my pants."

"Shut up." I said and laughed as he smiled. "It's not exactly acoustic, we're gonna shoot two videos. The one I told you about it acoustic, the other is going to be the original."

"Why two?"

"Because the rest of the band are indecisive assholes." I said and he nodded. "The original is going to be us on like a debate stage and super metephorical. The one burning us is like the system. At first, it worked out and everything was fine, a beautiful lie that no one thought much about. Now people are realizing it's broken and needs to be fixed. That one was Cisco and Andy's idea, me and Keath thought of the acoustic."

"You have a soft, almost ballad like one, and then the original with raunchy guitar effects and more of a political meaning to it?" He asked and I nodded. "Nice."

"Kinda, it's gonna be so much work." I mumbled and he held my hand, telling me that the videos will be great and that the work will pay off. "I hope so. I'm scared it's too political, too metaphorical, and it's just going to bust."

"No, it be great." He promised and I nodded as he parked. "Come on, let's go."

"Where are we anyways?" I asked as I got out of the car. I slammed the door shut and then crossed my arms. "Calum..."