9

Minjoo's POV-

"No." I simply refused. "No. We can't leave. Not now." She looked shocked and sad that I didn't agree.
"Why not? This is exciting!" She tried to encourage but I couldn't move my face from a smile.
"Please. Why are we going? I don't want to!" I started to raise my voice to let her know I was passionate.

"I'm going for work, it'll be fun!"
"No. No it won't! I want to stay here!" I argued, tears in my eyes now for some reason. I couldn't deny that they were for Namjoon.
"Don't cry, baby. It's okay." She comforted.
"It's not okay! I'm not leaving!" I refused, stomping upstairs and slamming the door.

I didn't come out for the rest of the day. I just sat sobbing.

~

I couldn't argue my way out of the move. It was happening wether I liked it or not. For the rest of the week I was quiet and reserved and I didn't talk to even Namjoon that much. I was trying to distance myself and get used to the change.

"Right. You've been like this all week, what's wrong with you? Are you sick? Has something happened?" Namjoon worried at lunch on Friday when I didn't go to the canteen but just stayed in the classroom. I'd been denying it all week, fake smiling when he wanted me to smile, fake laughing when he wanted me to laugh but not talking much at all.

"I don't want to go." I broke. It was too much. He had no context, he just comforted me because he saw the tears in my eyes. He enclosed me in a meaningful hug
"Go?" His voice was soft and right next my ear making me shiver.
"I'm moving." I sobbed onto his shoulder and I felt him flinch.
"Where? When?" He asked, slightly more frantic now and holding me closer.
"Tomorrow. To..." I took a deep breath. "To Japan."

He pushed me away to look into my eyes, he appeared to be looking for some joke, some evidence that I was lying but I gave him none.
"Tomorrow?" His voice was weak. His eyes glazed with tears but I didn't expect him to let them fall. "Why didn't you tell me?! Why the fuck didn't you tell me?!" He almost shouted, he sounded maybe angry at me.

"Namjoon, I'm sorry!" I apologised as he stood up. "I didn't want anything to be different, but I made it different." I explained and he stopped for a moment.
"Different different." We said at the same time with a tiny smile, as if I read his mind, but then shook his head and shook the smile away.
"Bad different."

We stayed in silence for a moment. He wasn't leaving now but instead just perched on the table behind.
"Do you want to do something tonight?" He asked hopefully.
"Not really, mianhae. I don't want to get too attached." I refused. "I already am."

The bell rang and he retook his seat next to me.

~

"I'll miss you. You have to call and text me." He ordered, like an overprotective parent.
"Thank you." I simply answered.
"For..."
"Showing me my favourite place."
"My pleasure."

Namjoon's POV-

The first thing I did when I got home was go on my computer and search flights from Korea to Japan, finding which one she was on. It didn't take long until I figured it out and I could relax slightly.

Minjoo's POV-

I packed my final things Saturday morning and set off for the airport. I sighed as I watched things go by outside the window, tears in my eyes.

I waited, shaking, in the seats at the terminal. I didn't want to go. I never wanted to go. But I had to go. Suddenly, as I was queuing, somebody tugged me back towards them and spun me around. Before I could see who it was, their lips were on mine and moving slowly. My eyes were still open and I managed to distinguish Namjoon from just his closed eyes, after I had, I kissed back. I realised it weird, my parents were right there along with a loads of other strangers but I didn't care. Not one bit.

He pulled away after a few seconds and instantly ran back down the line.
"Namjoon!" I called but he didn't respond he just kept sprinting. I looked at my parents open-mouthed faces and mine instantly turned red.
"Mianhae."

~

We got onto the plane and I sat on the window seat. With my last bit of wifi I checked my phone and saw I message from Namjoon.

Look outside.

I suddenly twisted my head to star out at the runway and I saw someone not too far away holding a sign and with their middle finger up.

"I thought she was your friend."

"She is."

"Then why'd you give her the finger."

"Because she's my friend."

I waved and flipped him off back while reading the sign.

SARANGHEYO PABO
I'll miss you.

He's crazy. He's just stood out on a runway to tell me something he could have said minutes ago. But that's why I love him. The plane began to move giving the tears a final nudge to fall down my cheeks.

~

I was cold to everyone for weeks. I didn't talk to my parents or anyone in my new class, all I did was text Namjoon.

N: what are you doing?

M: detention.

N: same
N: what did you do?

M: texted you in class

N: same

M: idc though
M: it's another hour away from my parents

N: you should open up to them again.

M: I don't want to.

N: it's no their fault you had to move. I miss you though

M: I miss you too. I'll come back as soon as I can.

N: promise?

M: promise.