Drunk.

"I bet you you can't climb all the way up here Y/n!"  The other little girl was challenging me to climb up the tree, I had never climbed the tree before.  My family had just moved somewhere else and this little girl was really bossy but kind of friendly so I ended up hanging out with her after school.  

"I bet you I could!"  I challenged right back, leaning my weight onto my right foot and folding my arms over my chest.  There I was, stubborn little squirt.  

"Go ahead and try to climb up then!  You can't join the club if you can't climb this high!"  The bossy little girl in the tree leaned up against a branch and crossed her arms as well.   I huffed and slumped my shoulders walking over to the tree, mapping out my climb route. 

"I told you, you couldn't climb this tree." The sneer in her voice was clear but I hadn't even touched the tree yet!  How could she say something like that?  

I will tell you one thing though, I stunk at climbing things.  

My little hand reached out to wrap around the first little branch and I pulled and stretched myself until my foot rested on the same branch.  I then reached out for the next branch and repeated the process when I looked up I realized that I was on the same branch as the bossy little girl.

She smiled at me, it kind of scared me, her smile.  But I attempted to smile back and apparently she bought it.  Now that I looked down I was afraid to fall, in reality it wasn't that big of a tree, but little me was still afraid. 

"Do you see that house over there?"  The little girl asked as she pointed out over the fence of her house to the neighboring house.  "That is where my boyfriend lives.  We are going to get married in a few days, we are so in love."  She sighed and face palmed.  I almost scoffed in my little girl form, I knew that nobody could get married at such a young age, even at that young age.  My father had married my mother when they were younger and he didn't treat her right and ended up walking out on me and my mother.  Ever since then my mother made sure to tell me things how they were, I was a little to grown up for my age in some people's opinion.

"Don't look at him he is coming out!"  The bossy little girl slapped her hands over my eyes and I turned my head away anyway, I didn't feel like seeing her 'future husband'  I knew that they wouldn't get married.  

"He's so handsome."  I heard a few voices mostly a father and son everyonce in a while joined by a woman, possibly a mother, I envied real families, they were complete, but I felt that there was something missing.  

By the sounds of it they were playing soccer and the man was pretending to let his son beat him.

"Listen here okay?  You can't look at him or speak to him, in any situation okay? He's mine!"  I nodded meekly I didn't really care for boys, they were gross to me. 

The next day when we were going to school, I saw the bossy little girl and ran to a corner to hide myself from her, believe it or not I already didn't want to hang out with her.  She just annoyed me so much.  

On my way to the corner that I was going to hide behind I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry!"  I shouted but kept running to my corner. 

As soon as I got there I turned around to see if the person I had bumped into was still there, and he was.  He was a little boy, like me, dark hair, green eyes.  In my tiny world, he was the best looking guy ever.  

Well the bossy little girl certainly didn't like that I ruined her wedding, because you know, her husband ran away to 'be with me'.  I didn't like that he was already acting like a grown up and was about to go through with a 'wedding' but oh well.  As long as he had no plans on marrying me until I could at least reach the cookie jar on the top shelf.