Just Plain Sweetness.

I sat on the couch, running my fingers through Marc's hair.  I looked at the TV screen not really following the movie, I didn't care about the movie actually.  Only about Marc, he would be travelling around playing games with his team,  this is the last night I actually get to have him with me. 

"What are you thinking about?" He murmured turning slightly away from the TV, to look up at me from my lap.  

"Just about how you are going to be gone," I didn't want him to go but I understood that he needed to.  It was his dream, and he was great at his dream, I wasn't going to stop him.  I trusted  him, with my life, so I knew that he would never do anything like cheat on me, just because he has 'needs'.  

Well he does have needs, but he wouldn't go as far as to cheat on me while he was away playing soccer. I knew the team well anyway, me and Marc were childhood best friends, we started dating in high school. We were each other's first everything.  

"You do know that I won't do anything to hurt you while I'm gone right? You trust me?"  I nodded, smiling slightly, he was always a little insecure about what I was feeling, or thinking.  My thoughts and feeling were always all over the place. I was lucky to have a guy like Marc put up with me and everything that comes with me.  

Like my insecurity about my body, I knew I wasn't a model, but I had a hard time believing that I wasn't obese.  It made me feel bad thinking like that though, Marc tried so hard to get me to like my body.  There were moments when I forget completely about my insecurities and truly believe that I was beautiful.  Don't get me wrong, everyone is beautiful, just that everyone has to believe it.  

Also, my life had fallen apart a few years ago when my brother had committed suicide, I admit my thoughts had gone in that direction more then once.  But I never acted on them, I was too much of a coward, I only added that to the list of things that was wrong with me.  

Marc never left me through anything, he was by my side, holding my hand,offering me great hugs, and sometimes carrying me through life.  

"What are you thinking about now?  I know how that beautiful mind of yours wanders."  Marc smiled a little leaning up to give me a peck on the lips before laying back down and looking intently up at me.  Ready to listen about whatever I might ramble on about today. 

"Just how much we've been through in the time that we have known each other.   The way that you are always there for me, sometimes the only one there for me.  And with your career as a professional soccer player, sometimes you push even that aside to take care of me.  I love you, Marc Bartra." I finished leaning down to give him a passionate kiss, slightly tugging on the hair on the back of his head. 

"I love you, Y/n Y/l/n"  (*Y/l/n you last name.*) He leaned in for another kiss. 

Again my mind wandered to the way that we had been each other first and only's.  We hadn't been with anyone else, we didn't know how to be with anyone else.  I wondered if Marc was truly the man for me.  I couldn't believe that after 6 years of being with him, I never really thought about the rest of my life.  I just took it day by day.  I didn't think about marriage, about kids, about the future.  Now that I do think about it, I hope that Marc is still in that part of my life.  I don't know what I would do without him.  

He has helped me through so much, if he stepped out of my life, not only would I be alone, my heart would fall apart. My thoughts immediately ran back to marriage. 

What if I asked him to marry me?  That would tie him down some way, you can't just step out of a marriage. 

What if he says no?   Then I guess it wasn't meant to be, and I'll be some old cat lady.