Chapter 5

Fundamental 3: When you notice that your falling, always remember you're in too deep too back out.
Fundamental 4: When all else fails make him jealous.
Six months later
I'm sure Jackson doesn't notice that his leg is pressed up against mine right now. Lara and Carl went out too a business dinner and now Jackson and I are sitting on the couch. I keep moving over, but its like I can't get far enough. *Ring, Ring* I pick up my phone and see my mother's name flashing across the screen, "Hello." She sobs on the other end, "I'm leaving! I can't take it anymore! Our marriage has ended I paid a lot of money to end it once and for all! I'm going to England and your dad can figure out what he wants too do with you. Goodbye Averie."

A few tears roll down my cheeks and I call the first person on my speed dial list, "Evan..." I hear giggles in the background, "Now isn't a good time baby." I open my mouth too say something when I hear, "Hurry up, Evan. I can't stand being away from you.." That's when I get why now isn't a good time, "You're cheating on me! After three years of dating! You're ruining our relationship for some $lut!" He's silent for a minute, "Baby. Its not what it sounds like... I'm just... Tutoring her..." I laugh and stand up, "In what?! $ex Ed! Yeah don't even bother Evan. We are done! Enjoy your $lut!!" As soon as the phone drops onto the floor I erupt into tears and drop myself. Jackson who walked out of the room when my phone rang comes back in and picks me up out of the floor. " My mom and dad are divorced. She's leaving us... And Evan..." He tightens his grip on me when I say Evan's name. "What about him?" I look up and start back crying, "I called him and he was sleeping with some chick." Jackson runs a hand up and down my back, "I'm sorry, Averie. He's a jerk and he doesn't deserve someone like you." I don't know how long it takes, but soon after I fall asleep laying in Jackson's arms.

"Oh my god!" I jump up which causes Jackson too jump with me, Lara and Carl are standing in front of us. A few bags in there hands, mouths open wide, eyes shocked, "What the hell is going on here?!" Jackson stands up and puts his hands on his mother's shoulders, "Mom. It wasn't what it looked like. Her mom called about the divorce being final and she found out Evan was cheating on her. I was just comforting her." Lara looks back and me and when tears roll down my cheeks again she comes too me, "Awe. Sweety. I'm so sorry." She pulls me into a hug and let's me cry for a minute. "Jackson. Carry her up too her bedroom. Stay with her till she stops crying. And I'll go get some ice cream and healing methods." Jackson then scoops me up into his arms and walks with me into my bedroom, "Averie. Stop crying. You're too gorgeous for that." I blush. Did he really just call me gorgeous?