3- And so she has to stay away

I sit in silence as my mom drives to her friend, Lara's mansion that she just moved into a month ago when she got married. "This is for the best baby girl. I know I'm sorry that this is all happening and I've drug you into it..." I smile and put a hand on her arm, "It's fine mama. I understand. You and dad need to work out your differences..." And get divorce papers. I mumble inside my head and she smiles at me just as we pull into the most gorgeous driveway I've ever seen. It's decorated with gorgeous rocks and has flowers lining each side beautifully. "Wow." I look over at mom who nods her head, "It's gorgeous isn't it Sweetie." I nod and mom stops the car before a man around her age opens the door for me and smiles, "You must be Ms. Averie. I'm Cooper." I smile at him and he takes my bags, "Follow me." Lara opens the door and smiles at mom, "Thank you, Cooper. Guest bedroom 3 please." He nods and Lara ushers us in, "Welcome. Oh my god Averie. You're so beautiful. The last time I saw you, you were barely out of diapers." I smile at her and she hugs mom, "Oh I can't wait for you to meet Jackson." I don't think anything of that name, I mean it has too be another Jackson, there's plenty of other... "What is she?! Doing here?!" He says from the top of the stairs as he accusingly points a finger at me, "She. Is going to be staying with us for a while, Jackson. I expect you to be kind to her." He smiles at Lara and looks to me apologetically, "I'm sorry for my sudden outburst." I smile and look to Lara then back to him, "It's fine. I probably just frightened you." He nods and is about to turn when Lara grabs his shoulder, "Jackson. Why don't you show our guest to her room?" She said it like a question, but it was more of a demand, "Sure, Mom." He motions for me to follow him and points to every room going down the hallway, "First door is the bathroom. Second door is Lara and Carl's room. The next room on the left side is mine. And the last one at the end of the hall is yours." I nod and he smiles, "Don't get used to it, Gorgeous." I let out a groan and walk into the beautifully decorated room. "Thanks Jackson." He shrugs and walks off, "Just don't expect it too happen again. Cause I think you should just stay away from me." I huff and slam my door, how dare he say that too me. He's the one that has been stalking me and flirting and stuff! What did I do for him too tell me to stay away?! Well fine, two can play at that game...

Picture is Amy Adams as Lara