Chapter 41

I woke up to somebody shaking my shoulder lightly, drawing me from my deep sleep. Refusing to open my eyes, I blindly smacked their hand away, clenching my jaw at the throbbing pain in my temple.

"You need to get up." Zayn's voice commanded from beside me.

I let out a frustrated groan and pulled the covers over my head, "I have a headache."

Instantly the sheets were ripped from my grip and a hand was latched around my arm, forcing me to sit upright. I squinted at the harsh light burning my eyelids as my blurry surroundings came into view. After a quick glance around our motel room from my spot on the bed, I noticed that everyone was here but Louis. I also noticed that I was clad in a pair of his tshirt and shorts.

A cold glass of water was shoved into my hand. "Drink this." Liam stated, pressing the back of his hand to my forehead.

I took a sip, greatful for the cool liquid to fix my parched throat. "Where's Louis?" I began to ask, when Zayn grabbed the cup and pressed it forcefully to my lips.

"All of it." he mumbled, causing me to choke and nearly spill it all over myself. I bent over hacking and scrambled backwards until my back hit the bed frame.

"Stop it!" I shouted, raising my hand towards them, "Whats with you guys?

The sudden movement sent another agonizing wave of pain through my head, causing me to fall onto my back and rub my temple. When I reopened my eyes I was greeted by the four other boys crowded around me with curious looks.

"Well, what happened to you last night?" Harry asked, eyebrows furrowed worriedly.

"It looks like you have a hangover." Niall observed absently. "But Louis wouldn't tell us."

I ran a hand through my messy behead. "Where is he?"

"Out doing something." Zayn replied vaguely. He bent down and planted both his hands on either side of my head on the wall behind me, making me shrink back from his dark gaze. "But tell me. What happened? Did he get you drunk?"

"No!" I shouted. My mind reeled to come up with memories from last night, but it all seemed to be coated in a thick gray fog. I had gone to the pool... There had been a guy there. He offered me a drink.

Bits and pieces came floating back. Oh god, I had taken off my shirt, hadn't I? My cheeks burned with embaressment. Louis kept telling me something, saying those guys had spiked my drink.

"Some guy at the pool spiked my drink." I gasped in astonishment.

It was startling how quickly Zayn's face twisted in fury, his brown eyes clouding over with suppressed rage at my words. His hands clenched into tight fists at his sides.

"Who?" he spat venomously.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, feeling nervous by his sudden change of emotion. "Um, I don't know." I lied.

Zayn turned towards Harry and grabbed him roughly by the collar. "You were supposed to be in charge of her!" he yelled, shaking him angrily.

"I'm sorry, I was a bit tired after burning down a flat, fighting, and running from the cops." Harry snapped.

Liam quickly wedged himself between the two boys and shook the incoming fight from the air.

"Sounds like a date rape." Niall whispered, blue eyes scrunched in disgust.

"Well he was trying to drag me to his room." I added, regretting the words the moment they came out. I bit my lip, hoping nobody heard.

Everybody froze for a second, soaking in the information. I watched as muscles tensed and anger set in over their features. And then time sped up and the boys snapped into action.