Twelfth Chapter

"Pray tell. What is it?" I ask feeling impatient. My eyes covered, giving me an unsettling feeling in the pits of my stomach. I have no idea where we are going but I don't like the unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Almost there" his voice whispered near my ear. The earth fanning over it. I could hear the patters of the slave's sandals behind us. The sound made it less reassuring, every single one of them was under Agustus's beck and call. None of them would listen to my word over his. " Are you cold Cornelia? You shiver" he asks. Breath warming my ear.

"Oh sorry" I mutter for lack of words, it was more difficult to make my body hold my act of the loving wife then my words.

"Why do you apologise for?" He asks his face seems to be further away from my face, slowing me to regain my bravery.

"Just nervous. I haven't been in your presence for a long time" I reply as honestly, I can.

"Needn't be nervous. We are here now" my gaze is restored. Revealing a small room with a bath in the centre. The mosaic tiles decorated the floor and walls with flowers. A gasp left my lips as I walked around the room. "My wedding gift to my wife." I smile. I feel his eyes study me. I continue to walk around to see him standing at the hallway, the room next looks like his bedroom. How convenient.

"How did you manage to get this done?" I asked.

"This room used to be my private study. But I know it will get better use as our own private baths." He smiles.

"And your study now?"

"Is across the hallway. I also selected some teachers to teach you the ways of a roman woman. You start tomorrow"

"Thank you. Surely you have more important tasks to complete than arranging my life. Is there not a war happening Augustus?" I ask. I felt flattered that he prioritised the marriage. I tried to keep that on my mind to convince my set mind.

"The war is dealt with. I have sent an army and have defeated the barbarians. You are my main focus at the moment" guilt hit me. If only he knew I had kissed Tiberius.

"Don't say that. You are the emperor. Your empire comes first." My hands find their way around my body. "Sorry, I am just tired from travel. I love this gift and am sure we will use it well" I smile earning a smile back.

"I am glad. Rest you have a long day ahead of you."

"Good night then" I walk past him and enter my private rooms. Slaves waiting to help me undress. Sleep grasps me quickly and before long I am fast asleep dreaming on the fields of wheat brushing my fingers

My hair losses and free. Tiberius holding me close, his hard chest pressed against my back. His arms around my waist. Both of us watching the wind play with the leaves and trees around us. Free.

" you must awake Cornelia" my mother shakes my shoulder. I nod my head and open my eyes. "Your teachers have arrived." Slipping out of my bed. My robe is slipped over my thin nightdress and I walk into the common room to see three elegantly dressed women, draped in the most modern of designs.

"Please sit Cornelia. We shall start off by telling you what we hope to achieve in the future. A perfect roman woman is seductive, confident and smart. Now that you are marring the most powerful roman you must understand these things"

I nod.

Seductive, Confident, Smart.

"Seductive. Lesson one" the redhead starts grinning. "You must learn to play with your husband's body to get what you want. Use your eyes, expose more skin. Therefore we have brought in some new fashions for you." She smiled waving her hand. A fleet of models carried farmers in their arms.

"Now. Bedding a nobleman is different from any other. Have you and the emperor ever slept together?" The brunette asked.

I nodded shyly.

"Well on your wedding night it will be a whole other story. A group of the highest senators and noblewomen will watch" I shared at her in horror as she spoke "usually slaves help you... What's the word?" She paused thinking.

"Prepare" the redhead added.

"Yes, prepare to have sex. So they will moisten you and harden him. Usually for a nobleman. You have sex at least five times before the views are allowed to leave. To increase the possibility of an heir" she finished.

"That's also where confidence comes in. You must carry yourself around oozing confidence." The brunette spoke up. "Well smartness comes in when you have to know what to say to your husband and how to attend his guests"

"Its always been just us. Alone" I confess. "I just. Nervous is all"

"Alone? Really. I always have my slave. My favourite times are when my husband and I are in the bath. And I have my four personal slaves. And he rams into one. The sound of their body colliding, is blissful" the deadhead smirks.

"Well, I just let the slaves to the dirty work of getting us ready. My husband likes being surrounded by naked women. Makes him feel more of a man" listening to these stories made my stomach curl.

"Now come let's see how you fare. Change into something more appropriate and we will show you what we mean" she smiled
I nodded and went to get changed.

My slave brought out a see-through rose coloured dress. And my hair was cascaded down my back. I walked back out into the room feeling very exposed under their glares. "Ravishing" the all muttered.

"We want you to try to have sex with the slaves tonight and report to us in the morning" he all nodded and departed allowing me to slip my regular dress back on.

The day went fast. By evening we heard that there would be no feast, as the emperor wanted to dine alone with me. Walking into his room in nothing but my see-through gown and a robe. I was met with a feast. "Hello, my love" I smiled letting my slaves enter an close the door. I usually came here Alone. But I had a task yo furfill.

"You bring your slaves with you. Why?" He asks turning around.

"Because my teachers told me how our wedding night will be and." I started feeling cheeks redden.

"We've never had sex with an audience?" He asks.

I nod.

"Leave. All of you!" He told them. Once alone he came up to me. "I am cancelling that. Your parents would be around those people and neither of us would feel comfortable with that. I have set up a curtain. So they can hear us but not see us." He explained I nodded.

"But what do I call you. Emperor or Augustus?" I ask.

"Augustus. We will be wed. And don't think I haven't noticed your choice of dress. I find it very attractive" he smirked pulling me down to his lap. I could feel him poke my round bottom through the dress.

"It's very hot in here" I exclaim pulling off the robe. Leaving me almost bare. The poke on my bottom became harder and more defined. "I'm hungry".

"Me too" he whispered before kissing me on the neck. A moan escaped my lips as his fingers ran all over me.