Fourth Chapter

I drift off feeling a bit sore. I wake up in the middle of the night to find him playing with my hair. Somehow, it was not as bad as I had expected. But even then I found it easier to imagine that this wasn't me, and I was just fulfilling the role my parents wanted of me.

I turn and climb on top of him. "I am happy it was you Augustus" I kiss his grinning lips. "I want to show you how happy I am" I peak up resting on my knees as he looks up. Leaning on all fours I nibble at his ear. Enjoying the sound of his moans.

"Stop teasing me Cornelia" he grunts.

Leaving down I press a kiss to his lips. "Take charge then" I whisper in a low voice. In a moment I am flipped over and he is ridding me again. Gasping for air as we reach our peaks. We slump together.

He keeps himself buried within me." stay like this" I whisper as he rests his head on my breast. I stroke his shoulder . "you are very good at taking charge. Good thing you are an emperor" I whisper.

As I drift off I feel him suckle on my nipple. I have grown tiredly. "Go to sleep" I whisper feeling him slide out of me and fall asleep. Morning greets us before we are ready. Waking up I push his arm off me and slip my dress in again. Movement makes me turn around. "Good morning " I smile tiredly, before redressing and wrapping my robe on and stride out.

I walk to the bath. And tell the nearest slave to collect my day dress. I bathed quickly and dressed in a blue dress. I tied jewels in my hair and met my parents In our private quarters.

"Good morning" I murmur sitting down. I reach for some bread and place some in my mouth. Neither says anything to me.

"Was he pleased with you?" father asks. I look up from my food.

"I am not sure. We will see if he summons me again I guess" I answer truthfully. This was the relationship we were to have, from talking about weddings to bedding the emperor.

He nods and continues to eat. "I am going to rest." I say not in the mood to eat. I enter my room and fall asleep almost instantly. I am so sorry Tiberius.

Someone is shaking me. My eyes flutter open and I see mother smiling. "Yes?" I ask sitting up.

"He was asking about you. Why you were not present all day. I think you did it daughter. Your father is very proud"she smiles. I have never seen my mother so happy, a soft smile leaves my lips as I stand up and fix my dress and hair.

Aimlessly walking around the palace I make my way to the garden. I smile looking over the city. "Cornelia!" A voice yells from far. Turning around I see Tiberius running towards me.

"Tiberius" I embrace him in a hug. "I am so happy to see you" I smile. Finally a kind face in the whole palace.

"I heard. The emperor likes you. I heard him say he was looking forward to more nights with you. How could you? Did you not want me?" He asks in a frustrated tone. My heart sank. I did not expect that Tiberious's family would welcome some whore into their home. I felt my eyes tear up once, more but I was tiered of crying.

"I did it for my father. Never in my entire life have I been worthy to be his daughter. Now finally I am and you want me to give it up. Tiberius, you don't want me. I am ruined, you need a pure wife. Not me" I say, my hand resting on his face to turn it to me. I give him a tight hug. My eyes wander to the palace and I notice a figure standing at a balcony. The emperor is watching. "I advise you to stay away from me. He is watching. " I squeeze his hand walking away.

I make my way through the palace to the Emperor's door. I push the door open and shut it behind me. "Augustus?" I announce looking around for him. I needed to make sure no harm would come to Tiberius.

He turns from the window with a hardened expression. "My father has decided to cancel my arrangement with Tiberius. I was saying goodbye. I" before I can start he begins to talk.

"You came to spare his life, Cornelia. Don't lie to me. Everyone knows I am a jealous man" he states harshly.

"I said goodbye. He was nothing but a friend. I could not see myself marrying him in the first place. Please. The moment I stepped inside this palace. My dreams have been filled with you and me. Doing the same things we did last night" I stand next to him. My eyes pleading.

He takes a shaky breath. And reaches for my hand." tell me your dream. So we can do it right tonight" he grins sitting down he pulls me on top. My head resting on his shoulder.

'I am swimming in a pool of roses, like last night. " I smile at him licking my lips before continuing" I watch as a figure appears through the mist. " I trace his chin before continuing " A naked figure, with strong thighs, with a sculpted chest, and a perfect face. You Augustus" I smile my brain changes it to Tiberius ". I step out, taking each step slowly, moving my hips to stir your desire. My breasts are sparkling with water, dripping down the full length of my nude body. Your eyes wander up and down sending warmth as they go".

I laugh. "I pull you into the water and watch your muscles relax. I press my lips to your skin." I point to his neck. "Here and" I kiss his ear "here" I whisper. "Your eyes grow darker, and you pull me closer and against the tile wall". I add making it up. My dream never made it this far but he seemed to want me to continue. " You take me there. Before spending the night in this room" I add.

"Your imagination is wild. I want you to show me your story. Let's skip the feast. I will be feasting upon something more delicious tonight" he smiles kissing me. I react automatically. I just hoped that after this Tiberius would be safe and my parents would be proud.