Fifth Chapter

He pulls me down the hallway. I run to keep up with his fast-moving steps. The first person we see is my father. I blush automatically but the emperor seems calm. "We will be skipping the feast tonight. Tell someone to set out some food in my bed-chambers for two." He nods tugging me along. My father nods and when I pass him sends me a proud look.

Reaching the bathhouse my arm is let go. And I gasp for air. He sits down on a chair calmly, whilst I have to take a breath. And watches me. I walk to the mirror and pill the jewels out of my hair and onto my satchel. I let my hair rest on my back. I slip out my earnings and then my slippers. Unravelling my dress leaving me in a see-thru one. I pick up the basket of flower petals and sprinkle then into the water. I walk to the steps my back towards the emperor. And slip the dress off and enter the water. Making sure to let out a pleasured moan as I entered the water. I turned around to see the emperor starring at me. I swim around leisurely. My mind unravelling. I look up at the sound of footsteps. There he stands nude. His strong legs to his sculpted chin. I gasp, he looked magnificent. Walking closer I swing my hips as I step out and stand before him. "I thought no one would be in here with the feast. Should I leave you to bathe?" I ask.

"No. Why don't you join me. " he smirks

I move closer to him and whisper in his ear "if that's what you demand" taking his hand I pull him into the water. I press kisses on his neck. He turns around and walks towards me. I freeze. He takes his hand and lifts my legs to wrap around him. The cold tile wall meets my back sending a gasp through my body. Connecting our lips he presses against to me. "Please Augustus" I gasp feeling the need for him now.

I pull him closer and he pushes in. Sending us away. Our cries of pleasure fulling my desire to peak. I open my eyes and stare in shock at a man standing at the entrance of the bath. Tiberius. I gasp, Augustus notices and turns around. The glares at him. "Who let you in here?" He growls. Moving towards him. He walks around naked before slipping on his toga. "Come with me" he grabs his ear and tugs, Tiberius, out. I gasp running out drying quickly and slipping my dresses on. I run after them. Tears running down my cheeks. "Emperor please," I beg as he drops Tiberius to the floor in front of the feast guests. "May I speak to him?" I whisper. He nods but a guard drags him by his ear into a private room.

He is dropped and I turn around. "How could you have been so stupid!" I yell at him pacing, I had done this to protect him, and he had been so foolish. The same moment the doors open letting the emperor and my father in. I wipe the tears. "I am not to marry you, Tiberius. Remember that. Why don't you just leave when I asked you too. May the gods help you to what fate the emperor shall choose" like that I turn and walk away. With an audience, I could not have said what I wanted to. I wanted to tell him that my heart was his. I wanted to tell him that we would figure something out later. That this was temporary.

"Send him to the dungeons. I will deal with him another day" The emperor says walking out. I follow silently.

Once we reach his room he looks at me."How are you my dear?" He asks. That was the first real sign of affection from this man. I nodded softly.

"I'll be fine. "I smile up at him.

"I'm sorry he ruined your dream. "He pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"It's okay. We did most of it anyway" I smile.

That's what happens. You dreamt of pleasuring two different men. Both of them were there. The food was set out as he had asked and we drank wine and ate together. "If you are done with me I would like to retire now," I say looking away from him.

"You may stay here" he states. It was not a question.

"Alright then" I nod. Standing up to comb my hands through my still wet hair. I take strands and wrap them together so they may dry neatly. We fall asleep naked after yet another round. But I did not enjoy it. I was asleep for only a moment, and when this grip on my waist loosened I managed to free myself, and put my clothes back on. I slipped out of the room and found myself wondering around the hallways aimlessly.

Finally, in a small empty room used for small audiences with the emperor, I let myself cry. I wasn't sure if I was mourning Tiberius being locked up or the dreams of my life that were now shattering. Whatever happened, I had to be careful in my aim to free Tiberius. We were both locked up and it was not looking hopeful to either of us.

But sitting there on the cold floor, alone. I realised, that in this place, I was alone.