In My Arms

Requested by 1onlyanotherotaku9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Link?" The little ten year old girl looked to her friend, as they both played around in Hyrule field, not a care in the world. Her friend, a blond kokiri boy, Link, stopped walking, turning to her and titling his head cutely. 

"Yeah (Y/n)?" He smiled as the girl, (Y/n), looked down, frowning as she messed around with her dress.

"We'll always be there for each other...right?" She asked, looking up to Link as it was his turn to frown.

"Well yeah, we're friends, arn't we? We'll always be there to protect each other," Link smiled as (Y/n) looked up to him, tears in her eyes.

"B-But what if sometime happens to one of us? W-What if we arn't friends one day?" (Y/n) asked, sniffing as Link's eyes went wide.

"H-Hey don't cry (Y/n)! I'll always be your friend, don't worry!" Link walked up to the girl, putting a hand on her cheek and looking her dead in the eye, his expression serious," I'll always be here to protect you."

"P-Promise?" (Y/n) asked, pouting as Link smiled.

"Promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Link, stop daydreaming already!" Navi shouted as Link flinched, blinking a few times as he was brought back to reality. It had been seven years since Link had made that promise to (Y/n) and ever since then, he hasn't seen her again. He didn't know were she was or if she was even alive. He was worried sick about her.

"W-Where are we heading to next, Navi?" Link asked, looking to his fairy as they both walked though Hyrule field.

"To death mountain. We need to get the next sage remember?!" Navi bouncing around Link's head as he sighed, nodding.

"Hey Link, you seem a bit down. You okay?" Navi asked as he shook his head.

"No...I miss (Y/n)..." he whispered as Navi flew in front of his face.

"Aw come on, its not like you won't see her again~" Navi smiled as Link looked to the ground, shaking his head.

"But we haven't seen her at all this whole time. I've came back to Kakariko Village so many times, I've even asked about her and no one knew who she was!" Link kicked a rock on the ground as Navi put her hands on her hips, shaking her head.

"Well your never going to find her if you don't be positive! Maybe she just moved away from Kakariko," Navi suggested as Link walked pass her, shaking his head once more.

"Or maybe I'm too late to protect her..." he whispered causing the little fairy to frown. Even she was a worried that you didn't make it after Ganondorf took over, she just didn't want to say it to Link. Ever since Ganondorf took over, Hyrule has turned horrible. The first place Link went too after walking up in the Temple of Time was to (Y/n)'s old home, Kakariko Village. 

He went to her house but no one was there, the place was completely abandon. When Link asked around the village to see if anyone knew were you and your family were, not one person even recognized the name. What if she did die? Link couldn't help but feel guilty if it ends up being true. He promised back when they were both little that he would protect (Y/n), he felt like her death would be his fault. 

"Look Link, we're here~" Navi chirped, flying ahead to the village as Link looked up, frowning. The place was empty, most people stayed inside these days. He missed the way it use to look, when there were people running everywhere and cucco's clucking all around. Link smiled at the memory of how (y/n) and him would bug the little birds, soon upsetting them and having to run for their lives. It was scary then but just plain funny now...until they attack again...

"Are we going straight to the mountain?" Navi asked, looking to Link as he nodded.

"Yeah...that would be best..." he replied dully as Navi frowned, following the hero. He wasn't himself at all and if they never find (Y/n), Navi knew it was pretty much impossible that he'd ever be the same again.

The two headed up the trail, Navi flying ahead a bit as Link just stared at the ground, not really caring if something jumped out of no where.

"HELP!" With the voice, Link's head shot up as Navi quickly flew back to him, bopping up and down in front of his face.

"Did you hear that, Link?! Someone needs help!" She cried as Link ran pass her, rolling his eyes.

"I'm not deaf!" He called back to the little blue fairy as she huffed, following after the hero. 

Link ran down the path, finally seeing a group of monsters circling someone. The monsters prey was pushed up against the rock wall with no escape from the beasts. They had their clubs raised, ready to hit whoever was in front of them as Link ran faster, taking out the master sword and hitting one of the monsters.

Once the green clad boy hit the first monster, all the others turned to look at him. They went to battle with the hero, each one swinging their clubs around. Luckily for Link, it wasn't that hard to kill them, it only took a hit or two. 

Link killed the last monster, watching as it disappeared into smoke. Sighing, the boy shook his head as he looked up to whom ever he saved," are you okay? You really shouldn't be out here on your own with out a weapon-"

Link's eyes widened as he stared at the figure, his hold body freezing up. The figure he saved was a girl his age, one with (h/l) (h/c) hair and beautiful (e/c) eyes. She was the same girl who has been on Link's mind this whole time, the girl he never could ever forget. 

"I know...I'm sorry. But I'm fine thanks to you, one more moment and they could have killed me, nasty things," the girl tucked a piece of hair behind her long ear, pushing her self away from the wall and gathering her things that the monsters have thrown about. 

Faster than the girl could look up, she felt strong arms wrap their way around her waist. Link berried his head in the girls neck, closing his eyes as tight as he could," I missed you so much, (Y/n)."

"U-Um, I'm sorry do I-I know you?" (Y/n), the grown up (Y/n), looked around, her (e/c) eyes wide with fear and confusion. 

"(Y/n), don't you remember me?" Link pulled away, looking the female right in the eyes, her expression gone serious. He carefully put his hand on (Y/n)'s cheek, praying to the goddesses that out of all the people in Hyrule, she'd remember him.

(Y/n) stared at him for the longest time, blinking as her eyes became watery," L-L-Link...?"

Link smiled widely, nodding quickly," the one and only."

"Link!" (Y/n) smiled, wrapped her arms around his neck as Link gasped, but quickly returned the hug with a huge smile. Tears ran down (Y/n)'s cheeks as she hid her face in the male's neck, sniffing," y-you were gone so long, Link..."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I wish I could have been here throughout those years but I couldn't," Link pulled away, smiling down at (Y/n)," I'm just glad to finally see you again, I was worried."

"I'm happy to see you too. I knew you'd come back...someday. Your never one to break your promises," (y/n) smiled. Link kissed her cheek, resting his head on top of hers.

"I will always be here to protect you, no matter what happens, you'll be safe in my arms," Link whispered as (Y/n) hummed closing her eyes," I love you, (Y/n)."

"I love you too, Link."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, hope you liked the chapter. I tried to get it down before tomorrow since I'm going to the lake and won't be back tell Monday. At least I'll have my Ocarina of Time with me, something Zelda to keep me alive. Anyways, see you next chapter. Bye~