42

*warning long chapter*

Savannah's pov

The twins' first birthday party was today. Seems just like yesterday Nate was rushing me to the hospital because I was in labor with them. But in reality that was a year ago. I am so glad to have them in my life. Them both have brought me and Nate, even James so much joy and happiness. Cliche i know.

Right now me and Nate were downstairs with Sammy, Nate's parents and Kaylan and Stew. Everyone else wouldn't be here till like 2 ish. It was only 10:15 right now. The kids were asleep but knowing James he would be up soon enough. Nate though, him and Sammy were bringing in the twins' first birthday cakes from the store. They are so sweet even if Nate is in a cast. Me, Kami, and Kaylan were sitting at the table talking about girly things when I felt someone come and wrap their arms around my neck.

I turned my head around and saw it was Nate. He bent down and gave me a kiss on the forehead and hobbled away, going up the stairs. Kami said, "Go on up there, we can get started on the rest of the food or start setting up some things." I said alright and headed up into the upstairs.

When I got upstairs, I heard Nate laughing and I peaked in James' room and him and James were sitting together on James' bed. I walked in there and said, "So what are you guys doing?"

"Daddy was just watching a tv show with me." James spoke up and said.

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Yeah, daddy was."

"Okay well after that show ends, James you need to get a shower."

"Alright lil'ma. You go get you and the twins ready. I'll get me and James ready when we can. We love you!" Nate said.

"Yeah, yeah alright. I love you too." I told them both.

I walked over to the twins' room and they were already up. They were out of their cribs, in one of their jumpers in their room. When they saw me walk in the room, they jumped up and down and said, "Mama, mama."

I went over to where there closet was and pulled out their "pre party" outfit. Because they would most likely get this onesie dirty before the party. Well Mahogany would, Kaylan wouldn't.

I walked over to where their diaper changer was and picked out two diapers and their wipe box. I sat down on the floor and picked both twins up out of their jumpers and laid them both on the floor. I took of Kaylan's sleeper and old diaper and threw the diaper in the trash and the sleeper in the laundry basket. Next I put a clean diaper on her and sat her down back in her jumper, Finally i put her on a onesie that said, "I found my prince his name is daddy." and the pink tutu that came with it, repeating the same things with Mahogany.

"Sammy! Can you come up here for a minute?" I yelled to Sammy downstairs.

I heard rustling come up from the stairs. "Yeah what's up?"

"Can you stay in here with the twins or take them downstairs with you while I go get a shower?" Sammy nodded and I thanked him and went into mine and Nate's room. First off though, I made mine and Nate's bed and picked up his dirty clothes he loves to keep on his side of the room. It's not a problem though. I then went and found my outfit for the party and went into the bathroom.

Putting a towel down on the floor, I laid on my dress and my under garments on the counter top. I took off my pajama dress and hopped in the shower. Letting the lukewarm water fall on me. I grabbed my shampoo bottle and shampooed my hair, eventually rinsing it out. Doing the same with my conditioner. I washed myself off with some raspberry smelling body wash, rinsing that off as well. Also while I was in there, I shaved my legs. All of that in 15 minutes. New record for me. Probably because Nathan wasn't in there with me either.