27

Nate's pov

Today's the day we go for open house for our 5 year old son. Can't believe the week after we next he's starting kindergarten. (a/n it's august 23rd rn and James starts school Sept. 1st) Right now, I was in charge of getting myself and James dressed for tonight. Well for his open house in like 30 minutes. Savannah was supposed to wake us up before 4 but she didn't. She slept through her alarm and woke up at 5. And the open house is at 5:50-9:00.

Ever since the wedding she's been grouchy and moody and sleeping a lot more. But back to me and James. Right now I was in my white t shirt, grey hoodie, black coat, jeans, and vans. I was fixing to go get James dressed when he came into mine and Savannah's room and said, "Daddy, look I got dressed!" He was right. He was dressed in a blue jean styled button up shirt, khaki ripped jeans, and his lebrons i got him this past christmas.

I bent down to him and said, "You're gonna have the girls all over you baby boy. Don't have too many girls though. Your mom and sisters are enough." He started laughing. I stood up and he asked me, "Can you go do my hair?" I chuckled at him and walked him into mine and Savannah's bathroom and fixed his hair for him.

Me and James walked out of mine and Savannah's bathroom and headed downstairs. Once we got downstairs, we sat down on the couch, letting him choose the tv show.

*Savannah's pov*

Ever since the wedding, I've been grouchy. God I hope i'm not pregnant. But anyways, tonight was the day James goes and meets his new teacher. Personally I think I am gonna cry. But imma be strong for James. But right now I was in the twins' room getting them dressed.

I dressed them in a onesie that either said "thing 1" or "thing 2". Kaylan had on thing 1 since she was the oldest and Mahogany had on thing 2 since she was the youngest. They also had on the same shorts which was shorts that were black with white polka dots. I brought them both downstairs and told Nate, "Get them some food. They didn't have lunch. So they need it now or they'll be fussy." He groaned when I told him that, but yet he still did it.

I walked back up to mine and Nate's room and got dressed. I dressed myself in a maroon colored top, ripped capri jeans, and my white converse. I still dress like a "Teenager" and not a wife and a mother.

I grabbed my phone and purse and headed downstairs. I saw Nate putting the twins in their carseats. Still forward facing though. I walked over to help Nate by putting Kaylan in her car seat. She still hates it though, but once she gets in it, she is perfectly fine. Mahogany on the other hand still wants to be put into her car seat by Nate. And I'm not complaining about that.

I buckled Kaylan in her seat and walked to the fridge and got her and Mahogany a juice. I put them in my purse and walked to the front door. "Nate! James! Girls!" James came running to me and wrapped his arms around my legs. Nate came with Mahogany in his left hand and Kaylan in his right. I opened the door for them and James ran out to my car and stood outside the door. Nate followed him out there and I locked the door and followed them out there also.

I unlocked the car and James got in. I helped Nate by putting Kaylan in as he put Mahogany in her seat. I then got in the passenger seat and waited for Nate to get in the drivers seat. Once he got in the driver's seat and buckled up, he reached over to me and grabbed my hand and started driving to the school.

At the school, we parked on the side of the road because there was literally no parking spaces. Nate got the girls out of their car seats and just left their car seats in the car. Nate handed me Kaylan while he held Mahogany and we walked into the school. James was anxious but what kindergartener isn't.

Once we got in the school, we were greeted by the principal, Mr.Walker, my old high school history teacher. "Savannah, I haven't seen you since your sophomore year, how are you?" He said while hugging me. "Well, I got married 2 weeks ago almost, too Nate. Had 2 daughters last year and they are fixing to turn 1 in a few weeks. And you remember James."