38

Savannah's pov

We had been home about an hour when James came into where I was, the basement, when James came down the stairs with tears in his eyes. I was shocked. He was never the one too cry.

"James, what in the world is wrong with you?" I asked him as he came over and sat beside me.

"This boy at school in my class said that i wasn't in a real family since daddy ain't my real dad." I was shocked. What 5 or 6 year old would say that to another one.

"James who said this to you?"

"Gabe something mommy. But is it true that i'm not in a real family since daddy ain't my real dad?"

I shook my head. "Never James. Nate is your dad and that's the truth buddy. Do you want me to tell daddy James?" He nodded his head and I walked up the stairs and up into mine and Nate's room where he was supposed to be. And in reality he was in the twins' room. I walked into the twins' room and said ,"Nathan, we have a problem." I said sternly.

"What's wrong lil'ma?" He said with a worried expression as he stopped playing with the twins.

"Can we just talk downstairs, Nate ? Please?" He nodded and got up. He stood the twins up and when we all walked downstairs. Nate put the twins in the sofa couch area with the gates put up. We walked into the dining room and he sat down on the opposite side as me.

"So what's wrong Sav?" He questioned.

"James came to me about 5 minutes ago and he was crying. And I'm not gonna say what happened but he is pretty upset."

"What the hell happened Savannah? It's the second fucking day of school and he is already crying! What- JAMES!" He boomed, standing up from his chair.

"Nathan Montgomery, sit down. And don't cuss in front of James." I scolded him.

We heard some shuffling coming from the downstairs in the basement and in less than a minute, James came up stairs and into the dining room. We instructed him to sit beside me before Nate started his stupid interrogation.

James looked at me with a worried expression and said, "Mommy, what's wrong?"

"Tell daddy what that boy did to you today. And tell him what you told me James."

"Um, well we were talking bout our parents at recess and I said that my dad adopted me but he's my dad nothing could change that. And that my dad and mom had been together for almost 3 years. And one boy, Gabe said, "You're not in a real family since your dad is not your dad." Is that true daddy?"

"No James it isn't. Im your dad and no one can tell you differently. I am your dad. Me, your mom, you, and your little sisters, we all are a real family buddy. DNA doesn't makes us family, love does. And nothing can change that James. Just come here."

James got out of his chair and went over to Nate. Nate gave James a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "Go on back to what you were doing James. Me and mom will leave you alone."

He nodded and walked downstairs again. Nate looked at me and said, "Imma go to Sammy's. I need a get something from him. I just remembered. I'll be home in an hour, hour and a half max babe. I love you." He came and kissed my forehead and went out the door.

*nate's pov*

I had to get out of there I can't take it. I can't take the pain my family is going through, I just can't. I drove in my car too the bud house and just drank and drank. Around 10, 3 hours after being there, I stumbled back into my car and started driving. Blurred vision...

Next thing I heard was the crushing of my car and the wails of sirens. Less than 45 seconds later, everything went black....

short as butt; next chapter better

also please vote this chapter

and comment what you think is gonna happen