Chapter Twenty-four

Start from the beginning

I walked up the steps of the pack house and opened the door. I was met by a large hallway that branched off into different rooms.

"Hello miss," a woman who looked like she was in her sixties greeted me. I offered her a smile which she returned. "Hello," I greeted her.

"What is your name?" she asked me while adjusting the apron she was wearing.

I shoved my hands into my hoodie pocket. "Jasmine," I answered. "Do you know where Alpha Parker's office is?"

The woman's face lit up at the mention of her office. "His office is the door on the left at the end of the hallway," she said as she pointed towards the end of the hallway. I nodded my head and thanked her. My feet carried me down the hallway. More people gave me curious glances but my mind was wondering what Parker could possibly want.

When I reached the door, I took a deep breath before raising my fist and knocked on the door twice. I heard a 'come in' and opened the door. I was greeted by a much larger office than the one in Parker's house. Parker's scent filled my nose as I walked farther in. My eyes settled on Parker who was sitting back in his desk chair. He was wearing a black buttoned up shirt but the top two buttons were undone and the sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. The shirt was clinging to his muscles making him look even more attractive than he already was.

"Jasmine," Parker greeted me, snapping me out of my thoughts. Parker was staring at me with a serious look which caused me to furrow my brows. Xander was standing next to him. He offered me a smile before walking towards the door and closed it behind him as he left. I turned back to Parker and walked over to him. He motioned for me to sit down in the chair facing his desk. I sat down in the chair, not because I was told, but because I wanted to.

"What?" I asked, leaning back in the chair.

Parker rested his elbows on his desk. His lips were pressed in a thin line and his jaw was clenched. I actually didn't think he wanted to talk to me after all the teasing yesterday.

"Who was that guy last night?" He suddenly asked me. I froze and my eyes widened. I opened in closed my mouth wanting to say something but I couldn't.

I cleared my throat. "No one. Just some random guy who caught me when I was trying to go to the bathroom," I lied as I dropped my eyes down, avoiding his death stare.

"I'm going to ask you again," he said deathly calm, but his eyes said otherwise. "Who was that guy last night?"

I gulped wanting to tell him the truth but I lied again. "Like I said, some random guy. I don't know him," I responded, my voice strong.

Parker slammed his fist down on the desk. "Dammit, Jasmine! Why won't you tell me the damn truth!" he yelled as he stood up from his chair. I jumped by his sudden loudness. Parker was staring at me with so much anger. His eyes were golden and I knew that I'd have to tell him the truth.

"Why don't you believe me?" I snapped at him. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. I just watched, waiting for my answer. Why was he acting like that? Maybe he was jealous? Once Parker opened his eyes, they were back to their normal green color.

"I heard your conversation," he admitted while raking his fingers through his dark hair. He heard? He did spy on me while I was showering so I wasn't surprised that he eavesdropped a conversation.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why?"

He sighed. "I followed your scent and it was with another scent. I wanted to know who you were with. It sounded as if you knew the guy already. Who is he?" He asked once again.

I muttered swear words under my breath before sighing also. "H-He's my ex." A lump formed in my throat and I took a deep breath to keep my emotions from showing. Parker didn't say anything. It was silent between us and I was glad he was done interrogating me. I looked up from my lap to see Parker's eyes soften and look away.